Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Tease and Please

Send a message via Yahoo to AngelicVampires
Wedding Tips

Does anyone have any wedding tips to make the planning process as painless as possible? I am about to start ripping my hair out!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Booger Lama

Two word Vagas Wedding.

it's not the orgasm but getting there thats fun

a shot in the bush is worth two in the hand

whip me, beat me, tie me up, break my arm, but please don't break my heart

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid people are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell
Old 10-13-2009, 09:48 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Two letters. J P

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 10-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicVampires
Does anyone have any wedding tips to make the planning process as painless as possible?

Hey, friends of mine took the payment from the bride's parents that were supposed to pay for a lavish wedding, went to a JP, got married, and used the money to put a down payment on a house instead. Pretty painles.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Yankee in Dixie

That would kind of depend on what you have planned for a wedding and what you're having trouble with. I've been around for the planning of two weddings and seen four. I might be able to remember something useful.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 10-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Awesome on my Own

When Mayhem and I got hitched, we did the UK's version of a justice of the peace wedding. Sad to say it was just mostly about signing papers and legal stuff since all the immigration hoops we had to jump through took most of the romance out of it, plus he was still feeling the sting of a big wedding from his first marriage and didn't want a repeat performance. So, besides legalities there wasn't much planning or £££s spent.
~HOWEVER~
I *think* I have him talked into a romantic candle lit vow renewal ceremony in 2011 (11/11/11) and I am already planning things.

What I plan to do is daydream, write down any idea no matter how OTT it may seem, and then narrow things down to the least expensive way to do it, and to go into it with the mindset that this is to be fun and enjoyable for MAYHEM AND I, and not to appease anyone else. So what if I wear a black n purple corseted gown, n not white, or the ceremony/party is at night, it is about us Mayhem will very much be a integral part of planning 11/11
Old 10-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Tease and Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snow
That would kind of depend on what you have planned for a wedding and what you're having trouble with.

We are having problems agreeing. I am to the point where I just want to elope and say the hell with it but he won't allow that. What really irritates me is that he isn't helping with the planning process and HE is the one that really wants the ceremony.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Yankee in Dixie

That's actually kind of odd. All the weddings I've seen and heard about it was the wife who wanted to plan and have the ceremony and the guy just wanted the wedding for the wedding night. (Stereotypical I know, but still.....) Do have a color scheme yet? Start with that and go from there. You can find flowers in literally any color (especially fake ones which I would recommend due to cost). After that the tuxes for groom and groomsmen should match the flowers (though I would with a darker shade for the tuxes), white dress for you if that's what you want. Brides maids should make the men. After that as far I know it's little minor details. Though before I would definitely try to get your fiance involved and make him actually tell you what he'd like and find some form of compromise. Unless you've already booked the hall and sent invitations you can always push back the wedding to accommodate.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 10-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
We are having problems agreeing. I am to the point where I just want to elope and say the hell with it but he won't allow that. What really irritates me is that he isn't helping with the planning process and HE is the one that really wants the ceremony.

I suggest you let him know that if he wants a ceremony he needs to be involved. Be as diplomatic as possible. Let him know that if he doesn't want to be involved he'll have to be happy with the end result... which may just involve a courthouse and a JotP.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 10-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Tease and Please

At first, I was really excited about getting married and all the wedding ceremony stuff. Now as I try to plan it all out, I detest the idea. He wants a ceremony because he thinks I will regret not having one eventually AND because his "friends and family would be disappointed" if we didn't have one. I finally got him to at least agree to a purple color. It seems the reception is the big disagreement. I want something nice and he wants something that looks like a cheap backyard bbq (in my opinion). I may have already told him that he needs to help out if he expects a wedding. At this point, I really don't care if things get planned or not.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:13 PM
~a little bit naughty~

If you two aren't on the same page as to how your wedding should occur then I say don't be getting married. Rather it's cold feet or frustration you need to take a step back from the planning and come to agreement about what it is that you really want and why.

As for my ideas, I'm on board with what Lizardbits wants in her renewal ceremony. I've done two weddings already and both were for the wrong reasons. My next one will be centered soley on me and my guy and what gives us joy. I'm even thinking the year 2011 will work for us as well.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 10-15-2009, 06:33 PM

Some men, myself included, are big on the concept of "little fuss, save money". This dangerous idea does not suit many women.

A JP is a good idea, especially if you don't have a deep church connection. The venue doesn't have to be a dingy office, a rotunda in a park is often nice. A short trip home for a catered meal in the backyard and partying the night away.

Tuxes are optional, tailored trousers and shirts with a cummerbund to tone with the bridesmaids go well.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Quote:
What really irritates me is that he isn't helping with the planning process and HE is the one that really wants the ceremony.

In which case, the best planning advice I have is the proper application of a clue-by-four.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Yankee in Dixie

LOL. Well played GG.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:29 PM

If they're not married yet, it's not really domestic violence, just aggressive loveplay?

This unwillingness to engage in the wedding process is a poor indicator for the future.

BTW, purple look best in strong daylight. Matches the bruises from the clue-by-four.