View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Tease and Please

Send a message via Yahoo to AngelicVampires
The Mysterious

I found myself sitting in a secluded area of the beach after attending my weekly poetry meeting. Hoping that the warm morning air and sunlight beginning to glimmer over the horizon would inspire me, I sat and watched the waves crashing into the sand with my pen poised above a tattered piece of paper. I had been working on this poem for months but I was unable to write anything other than about my broken heart.

Hearing the laughter farther down the beach made a smile spread across my face. It was so peaceful here. I had tossed my sandels beside me and buried my toes in the warm sand. Lying on my back, staring at the fading stars, I wondered what it would feel like to fall prey to a tall, dark, and handsome man out in view of the world. I imagined what it would be like to have the waves softly caressing our bodies as we turned to passion as our guide.

I sat up, once again staring at the churning waves. My dark eyes passed over the crumbling castles to the group of people that lay sprawled together. I didn't think they could see me since I had a nice balcony-like position on a dune. The breeze coming from the sea played with the wisps of my hair that had fallen over my bare shoulders. Without thinking, I released my tight grip on the hopeless poem and watched the paper drift out of my reach and fall into the waves. Better that it be lost anyway.

From my position on the mound of sand, I could see nearly in all directions. Seeing a movement out of the corner of my eye, I saw a lone car overlooking the beach. I couldn't distinguish a figure next to the car until he moved again. He was a very handsome man. He wore what appeared to be a black cowboy hat and nearly skin tight jeans. I wondered who he could be...someone's lover or husband perhaps.

Passing another glance along the coastline, I saw another figure approaching me. Automatically, I tensed up at the thought of my peaceful seclusion being taken away. The sound of the waves rose up and entranced me. I didn't care what was going on around me. Suddenly, an almost overwhelming sense of loneliness overtook me and I almost begged that this shadow cast in bronze.....this man.....would come to me. I wanted him to take me in his muscular arms, kiss me, tell me everything would be ok.....to promise me the world.

It seemed like I was going to get my wish. The closer he approached, the faster my heart started to beat. He was everything I had ever dreamed about. His eyes.....God his eyes were masters of seduction themselves. I stared into them and gave him an encouraging smile, hoping that he would be as interested in me as I was with him......