Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2005, 12:51 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
It's only responsible for like 1% of the accidents in that state yet this is the battle to fight??????

Your thoughts?

That means that 99% of the accidents are caused by non smokers. I want legislation introduced to make smoking a requirement to :drive:!

(You want to see road rage?
Stick me in rush hour traffic on a 100°F day like today and tell me I can’t smoke in my own fucking car. )

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 07-26-2005, 12:59 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by sama1005
I had a friend in High School that flicked some ash at his ash tray and missed. The ash was still hot enough when it landed on his note book, that it ignited.....

What the hell was he smoking? Welding rod?

Tell him to stop using his notebook as a funnel at the gas station.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Old 07-26-2005, 01:30 PM
... looking for a pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
What the hell was he smoking? Welding rod?

Tell him to stop using his notebook as a funnel at the gas station.

I always wondered how he did it. Only thing I can think of is if it hit and smoldered for a while before it ignited. His car was always a pig sty, you had to move the food wrappers out of the way to get in, so it could have started in one of those.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
Smoking in the car if you have passengers i can understand...but when the smoker is alone well thats another story

Drinking in a car ~ well dunno bout other states...but in Qld is has already been made illegal
Old 07-26-2005, 02:21 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by sama1005
..... His car was always a pig sty, you had to move the food wrappers out of the way to get in, so it could have started in one of those.

So it was more of a cleanup program.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bare4you
This anti-smoking thing is just like prohibition all over again. The folks who want to run everyone's life for a social experiment won't be happy until George Orwell's vision becomes reality!
Old 07-27-2005, 03:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyarmywife
I have sort of a unique perspective on this. My junior year of high school, a very popular girl in our community was killed in a car accident. The driver (her mother) was lighting a cigarette and dropped the lighter. She figedted around trying to pick it up, lost control and left the road. Mom walked away, but the coroner couldn't even patch Beth up enough for the funeral.

I am very sorry for your loss.

I also lost a friend because a driver dropped a CD case on the floor of the driver's seat.

I have driven across Canada a zillion times and have dropped cigs and kept control of the car. If someone doesn't control the car because of a cig, that's the fault of the driver. Many people also lose their lives because bees fly into the vehicle.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
What kind of world is this when smokers {espeically us Pixie smokers} are generally politer than some of the militant non smokers? Makes me want to light up a Pall Mall non filtre and blow smoke rings in their face. If God didn't want people to smoke in their cars,she wouldn't have put lighters and ash trays in them.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:59 PM

Oh for crying out loud. Has that man got no real problems in his life?

I don't smoke. I don't like smoke. I wish the people I love wouldn't, but I don't get up in their faces about it and they don't get up in my face when I put REAL butter on my toast. I got all up in arms before I left NY because I'd seen the beginning of an ad campaign (possibly national, I'm not sure) that was trying to guilt smokers for smoking in their own houses. The comercials were telling these people that if they had kids they were abusing them unless they went out to smoke in the garage. WTF?? OK, smoke not good for kids, but it's a bit much to try to chase smokers out of their own homes.

Maybe it's a problem...I doubt it...but at most it's a small problem. There are bigger ones out there more deserving of time and energy.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:36 PM
is not this trim anymore!

GingerV - do you cook with real butter too?

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:43 PM

Sweety, I will use real butter for all manner of stuff!

But I bake with real butter, and cook with a butter/olive oil blend. Gets the temp just right, gives FAB color, and tastes yummy.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerV
Sweety, I will use real butter for all manner of stuff!

But I bake with real butter, and cook with a butter/olive oil blend. Gets the temp just right, gives FAB color, and tastes yummy.

And do you cook knockwurst with real butter?

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:48 PM

Oh now, THAT'S a good idea....we may have to try that for...ummmm....dinner tonight
Old 07-27-2005, 02:52 PM

/me tries desperatly to avoid hijacking the thread by specifying that the knockwursts in question were smoked.

Old 07-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Unbalanced Libra

Send a message via AIM to Dubblz Send a message via Yahoo to Dubblz
This smoking thing is just another bullshit lobbyist thing that got out of control.I'm a smoker.I used to go to places where it was ok to smoke.They had "smoking rooms" built in at a cost of 12 to 16k,at the owners expense.Then,they come along with legislation to outlaw that.So,for most,they lose the money they spent.Now,they don't want people to smoke in their own cars.Funny though,how they manage to tax the living shit out of each and every pack,and then fund gov't projects on the money they sued the tobacco industry over.That's just New York,I understand it's much worse in California.Maybe next, a law against listening to the radio.Because hey,might be something the Big Brother doesn't want us to hear.
Maybe they'll pull the troops out of Iraq,and deploy them on the highways,to stop us truly vicious,smokers..