Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 09:59 PM
I Want You To Look.

Send a message via AIM to faerie_princess Send a message via Yahoo to faerie_princess
Poly talk

Hello everyone. Lovely evening. I think it is anyway.
*shrus*

Just a random question.

Are any of you out there in a polyamorous relationship?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:16 AM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
polyamoury

I am not currently involved in a poly relationship, my dearest Lord Snow doesn't share. Its cute. but I've been invited by one current pixie man and one ex pixie man to join as either a relationship participant or to be the Mr.'s lover in an open marriage ( with talk of myself and the Mrs.'s lover having our own rooms in their house no less.) while both ideas are intriguing I'm currently happy where I am, besides it's not like their offers will expire and I'm sure with my track record Lord Snow and I won't last forever.

Always,
Kyttn
Old 07-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerie_princess
Are any of you out there in a polyamorous relationship?

No, I'm in two polyamorous relationships, and one monoamorous relationship.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Causer of Unrest

I was actively polyamorous until my lover passed away two years ago. Now I'm still polyamorous, in that I love two men. Just one of them isn't here in body anymore, so as far as it looks to the world, I am in a monogamous marriage.

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke
Old 07-22-2008, 09:15 PM
is not this trim anymore!

I am, and I must admit that there is nothing quite as natural feeling as this. I wouldn't trade one minute of it for all the tea in China.

Oops, sorry...I thought you said "Dolly-amorous relationship". My bad.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Kinda like gg here, I'm quite polyamorous, but the relationship that matters is strictly monogamous...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Causer of Unrest

I take it you're making the point that you, personally, are poly but not in practice? I think that's a good point.

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke
Old 07-23-2008, 12:50 PM
I Want You To Look.

Send a message via AIM to faerie_princess Send a message via Yahoo to faerie_princess
Here's a bit of my story:

So I recently find myself dating a guy who is poly. He was straight up with it when we met. He's not one to beat around the bush. But anyway, so we still are dating and I've met his SO (they're getting married v soon and they've been together for about 2 years now) and she's also poly and OK with him seeing me as well.

BUT....

I think I'm being paraniod and kind of lame about it. Perhaps its because it's a newish(4 months) relationship and I'm not very good at sharing. I've talked to them both about it, since it does involve them both; and they understand my apprehension about my being in a relationship with him (and with her to a certain extent).

So I have to wonder, did anyone else feel discombobulated and confused about it all when first finding yourself in a poly situation?

(And I'm also wondering if any of what I wrote made any sense.... lol)
Old 07-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

It made a lot of sense.

Basically, you're new to this whole poly thing, and unsure about what it means for you, and how to deal with it and all that.

In dealing with a polyamorous relationship, communication with the people concerned is even more important than in a monoamorous relationship. Since you've been doing that, the best advice I have for you is to continue what you've been doing. That's the only way you're going to find out whether the whole issue of polyamory is for you, and if it is, whether or not *this* particular poly relationship is for you.

Way to go.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
Tristan Taormino has a new book on the subject.

Opening Up

She's a very good author when it comes to sex advice. So you may want to check it out.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:31 PM
unregistered mutt. woof!

Also, read, have deeper conversations. Look here http://www.polyamory.org/ check out the FAQ.
Adage: 2 things are certain in life; Death & Taxes. Therefore; God & Beelzebub had a meeting to fix the problem. A mighty storm prevailed for ages until finally they ended the storm with the agreement: From now on Anyone whom chooses doesn't have to die. "Everyone wins said Beelzebub. You get an eternally grateful bunch of worshippers praying forever for lower taxes as I goad & prod them forever with higher & higher taxation."
Old 10-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Slut Lolver

My Poly experience is all sexual when I shared my wife with other men. It was exciting and I always dreamed of her having another lover that would stop by anytime day or night to use her. Wen even talked about it but we couldn't find the right man. She was all for it back then.

Real swingers meet here. Free Membership

"Share your Wife so other men can enjoy her too"
Old 10-26-2008, 02:37 AM
unregistered mutt. woof!

I was in a love tri- quadr- angle in my twenties. The term 'Polyamory' wasn't coined then. Being poly is not an easy life of free loving. It's a decision to be transparent, utterly honest, open, trusting, trustworthy, and many hundreds of other character strengths and most certainly among the more important traits is RESPECT. Complete and unconditional. Goto the polyamory site and read about how to fuck up a relationship. It's correct in about every way.
HAVE FUN and be loving!!!
Adage: 2 things are certain in life; Death & Taxes. Therefore; God & Beelzebub had a meeting to fix the problem. A mighty storm prevailed for ages until finally they ended the storm with the agreement: From now on Anyone whom chooses doesn't have to die. "Everyone wins said Beelzebub. You get an eternally grateful bunch of worshippers praying forever for lower taxes as I goad & prod them forever with higher & higher taxation."
Old 10-26-2008, 05:51 AM

No, I'm not big on sharing, and neither is she.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:19 AM
unregistered mutt. woof!

Recently a new thread asks for our fantasies. Polyamory is not something that can work in fantasy. It's completely serious in its value as a total immersion of life and its capabilities. Many fantasies can be borne upon the poly lifestyle. However, the reality of hearts, love, truths and relation building trumps anything my sensuality based thoughts could conjure.