User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2003, 11:59 PM

1-10 Nothing, I am an open book.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:43 AM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
1.I am of German extraction and my ancesters came from the Black Forrest.2.Just like Blue Suede,I am a left of center Green/Democrat often finding myself in a sewer er I mean sea of conservative Republicans.3.I taught myself to cook and do pretty well at it.5.I make homemade Ice Cream with flavours like lime/ginger,cinnamon,anise,as well as vanilla,chocolate and coffee.6.I drink my coffee black with no sugar or milk except in the morning when I wake up.7.I cross my sevens.8.I am married to a filipino lady with whom I barely get allong with.9.I have a 7 yer old granddaughter with a boy's first name.10.I sleep in the nude.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:06 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
1. I am an only child and both parents have passed away, my father when I was only 8.

2. I was teased and tormented in school starting in 4th grade and consequently am always afraid of being laughed at.

3. Until meeting Murphy, I had never so much as kissed another man in my (then) 30 yrs of marriage.

4. I have been studying my husband's and my family histories since 1983 and have traced hubby's back to 1642 in Salem, Massachusetts.

5. I collect recipes and cookbooks, especially the ones found near the checkouts in the grocery store.

6. I lost my virginity at 16

7. I'm lousy at math

8. I love doing all sorts of crafts, such as knitting, crochet, counted cross stitch, and quilting.

9. I am adopted

10. I have had 2 housefires. One in 1987 and one in 1998. Two different houses and two different causes.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 09-10-2003, 06:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
Very interesting, some sad events in peoples lives

I have used Pixies as a place to bare my soul on many occassions so there is probably isnt much that has not been told but I will try

1. I snore & fart a lot.
2. Heavily involved in Track and Field athletics as an official and administrator
3. I love to snow ski and have skied in Austria, Germany, France & New Zealand as well as Australia.
4.I helped to build a 2 story ski lodge
5. I built my extension on my house and have extensively renovated it inside
7. I am very ticklish
8. Was badly scalded as a 16 month old, have scars on my feet and due to the way the skin grew back my toes do not touch the ground
9. I held the record in Tasmania for some years for being the only child of 16 months old to survive a temp of 104.2 F body temp.
10. Was a First Class cricket umpire
Old 09-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Made in England

Quote:
Originally posted by grumbleguts

1. I snore & fart a lot.

I was going to post 10 things about me but it appears I shall have to wait until I can stop laughing.......

I will share one thing.....I piss my pants when something makes me laugh! OMG GG you just cracked me up!!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 02:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlueSwede Send a message via Yahoo to BlueSwede
This thread asked for us to list things others probably didn't know about us, things we could become brave enough to share. Much of what has been revealed is very serious, much of it just plain heart breaking. It makes me proud of the Pixies family that those who posted realize that it has been OK to share those things, because the response will be genuine love and caring by the members. We are indeed a huge, informal family who support one another in any way that we can. We don't ridicule, and we love the members for who they are, not what others might expect them to be.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
I for one am truly enjoying this thread. I love learning more about my fellow Pixonians.

Thanks for the laugh, BiBi! At least GG is an honest man, ya' gotta give him that! And you too!!!
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 09-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Just me.

BlueSwede and SS, you're right. It is a special thing that we feel free enough to share so much about ourselves ... and I also enjoy knowing more about the people I've come to care so much about.

What a neat place we have here.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:10 AM

I've been reading these with great fascination (and a couple tears), and want to offer something back. But 10 seems like a big number...lets see how this does.

1) I don't speak spanish (at least not well), but I swear FLUENTLY. All a product of growing up in New Mexico.

2) I HATE snakes, and am personally responsible for the demise of 4 diamondbacks. Another product of growing up in New Mexico.

3) I used to be an all-star soccer player...until the doctors told me if I kept playing/running I'd be in a wheelchair well before I was 30.

4) At one point, I could literally catch birds out of the air...although I haven't tested it in the last 2 years. [Damn, always knew that was a skill that would come in handy...but never knew how to stick it on a CV.]

5) I LOVE to cook, the more people coming over the better. If my current career didn't work out, I was going to do it professionally.

6) I crochet afghans as a form of relaxation/meditation. Wish I could quilt...but I'm sure they'd come out hopelessly crooked.

7) I'm dyslexic. No joke.

8) My biggest disappointment in life is that I can't sing. I'd give anything for a half-decent voice.

9) I'm flame shy, ever since the kitchen fire that burned my hand. But I'm getting better. I can handle candles now, so long as they're not right on the edge of my peripheral vision....and haven't had to walk out of a movie for (quick count) 4 years.

10) I have an unbelievably deep admiration for nurses and physiotherapists. Their care, and a bit of luck, meant I got near full use of that hand back after the fire. Every year since, on the day, I take flowers to the hospital nearest where-ever I happen to be living for the local nurses. They weren't the ones that helped me, but I gurantee they worked a miracle for someone else that day.

And there you go, more than you wanted to know about Ginge today
Old 09-12-2003, 11:46 AM
~*Forget Me Not*~

I feel so much love in this thread....

(((((((((((((WE ARE ONE BIG FAMILY!))))))))))))))))

Thanks to everyone that has posted so far! You all deserve a hug and a high five!

Quote:
But 10 seems like a big number...lets see how this does.

Well....here are 10 more of me.... and alot more where that came from!

1. I never graduated from high school.

2. I had a tubal pregnancy.

3. I am catholic and don't go to church.

4. I own 7 my glue-guns!

5. I went back to school, with the teenagers, and got my high school degree at 31!

6. I can bait my own hook..'cept for blood suckers.

7. I don't spend enough time with my children.

8. I dip my toast in hot mixed pickle juice.

9. I belly flop..everytime I dive!

10. I am not a nagging bitch. Even if he says I am!

Quote:
But 10 seems like a big number...lets see how this does.

"Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please
continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Old 09-12-2003, 12:16 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
1. I have been raped at gunpoint.

2. I race and breed Paint horses.

3. I hybridize and show Irises with the American Iris society.

4. I have a 13 year old daughter.

5. I am a farmgirl and live on a farm.

6. I collect antiques

7. I am a veterinary technician but am not currently working as one.

8. I am very strong willed and independant.

9. I can weld, operate any type of farm equipment, and had the 2nd highest score in auto mechanics in high school.

10. I love classic rock.

nuff said
Old 09-12-2003, 12:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlueSwede Send a message via Yahoo to BlueSwede
Quote:
Originally posted by GingerV
. I have an unbelievably deep admiration for nurses and physiotherapists. Their care, and a bit of luck, meant I got near full use of that hand back after the fire. Every year since, on the day, I take flowers to the hospital nearest where-ever I happen to be living for the local nurses. They weren't the ones that helped me, but I gurantee they worked a miracle for someone else that day.

Thank you, Ginger, for making my day! I just came home from a really rough shift last night. It was such a pleasure to read what you said about us nurses. Most of us really do try, I think...and really do care about our patients. (I'm sitting here w/a big, big smile.) And so glad to hear that your hand is doing so well!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:30 PM

Sorry you had a rough day, Blue....but I'm glad I helped. Hell, I think you guys should get complementary drinks and foot-rubs at the end of every shift at the very least .
Old 09-19-2003, 04:46 PM
Everybody Stretch!

1) I've never gone to college and regret it to this day. I would still go now, at age 45, if only I knew what I want to be when I grow up.....*sigh*

2) I prefer cold food to hot food. Cold pizza or chinese is perfect! I wait to eat dinner till it's cool. I've never sent anything cold back to the kitchen in a restaurant. I don't even like my coffee hot (but don't like iced coffee much either) so I only pour 1/2 cup and top it off with cold water.

3) (Really long story...condensed) I had German measles when I was 15....and I didn't know I was pregnant till I was in my 6th month. I had decided, way before I knew of the complications, to have the baby but that I had to give the baby up for adoption (not because of the complications of the measles....which there are many.....but because I had no hope for a proper life for myself, let alone my child, at that particular time) . My son was born on December 9, 1973. I never saw him (but mom did) or I would never have given him up. His parents are wonderful and loving and that's all I had hoped for. He's overcome most of the (birth) complications and he will be 30y/o this year. They never told him of me and I respect their wishes....but they know I am here should they ever need me. I've supplied all medical and family info that they would need and have sent cards and letters to the agency of his adoption since his birth. His file is available to be opened by him at any time. Boy will he have lots of mail! Oh.....and I know his name is Todd!

4) After Todd....and due to complications...I have been unable to have anymore children. I'm not sad about it....though there were times when I was in the past. I have a wonderful life with the knowledge that my son has an equally wonderful life with parents who needed and love him as much as I would have if I could have!!!

5) I don't feel deserving of things (material things) because I know what it's like to be dirt poor. I never dreamt I would EVER own a home as beautiful as the one I have. I tried to never dream of such things while I was growing up. Sometimes I pull into my driveway and sit there in awe......I actually have to will myself to be convinced that this home is mine! Ergo my passion for Habitat for Humanity. I know the sorrow of living in poverty...and I know the happiness of having a home to be proud of! Pinch me!

6) I try not to kill any living animal. Even flies...which I know are dirty little things...I'll try and scoot them out the door or window. When a wasps nest, or something similar, shows up too close for comfort and I know it has to go...I tell hubby and leave the area because my heart aches for their lives lost. But.....ironically......I'm not saddened by the thought of, nor do I fear, death for myself! Go figure!

7) I sleep with a fan on in my bedroom....winter, spring, summer and fall.......and have done so since I was 12.

8) I'm claustrophobic! I love people but can't be in crowds for too long.....so I always find a reason to "escape" outside or to the lobby or somewhere other than there for a moment....to catch my breath. I'll ride an elevator but have to know the escape route as soon as I enter the doors. I'll never have an MRI unless it's "open air".........AND my one and only bathroom is too friggin small! Arrrrrrrrggggg!

9)And yet......I scuba dive! Some people might think that would be a claustrophobic's worst nightmare....but believe me...it's the exact opposite if the visibility is good to great!

10) I wasn't born with that "stop and think before you speak" thingy that, it seems, everyone else I know has! If I think it....you'll know it! You'd think I'd learn to tell at least....."little white lies"....with this affliction (damn that make-up and my mother....lol...she made me take back some make-up I stole from a friends house when I was four y/o and lied about it to her). Duct tape is my only universal cure.....I can't speak when it's over my lips and I can't type when my hands are bound with it!

What else ya wanna know?

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 09-19-2003, 05:52 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Quote:
Originally posted by LixyChick
What else ya wanna know?

Well, sure now, that's plenty for now Lixy! Actually, I'm very fond of your "speak before you think" thing - certainly livens things up a lot!! <<<<HUGS LIXY>>>>

'sfunny how much we've got in common though...... I (or rather my then g/friend) had a baby when I was young (17), I'm claustrophic (not as bad) AND I LOVE scuba diving!! And, something I DIDN'T post in my own "Top Ten"....... I have suffered very badly in the past from depression, allied to feelings of not being deserving of ANYTHING, not just material things..... so much so, I have been this close to killing myself at least twice over the years. Thankfully, I've been OK the past few years (and ESPECIALLY the past year..... guess why THAT is!!!) but I worry that it'll come back....... and maybe I won't be strong enough to fight it, the next time! Ho hum!! It's all in the lap of the Gods though, innit?!?!

DM
I only own my mind