Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 07:50 PM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
I think that anyone that harms a child in any way should have the same thing done to them, over and over and over and over...then kill the assholes!
Old 04-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Learning to talk sexy

I have so many emotions attached to this issue .... knowing that in a large majority of the cases, the sex offenders were abused in a similar fashion and a similar age to those they now victimize .... so, treating their problem with the same treatment they gave .... well, it obviously created the problem, didn't solve it ... and yet the thought of someone victimizing any child is abhorant!

I like the bracelet idea ... it is something that gives a visible cue to others that they need to be aware of the possible criminal behaviors of that person ... the only problem I see is if we begin to think that those wearing a bracelet are the only ones to be wary of.

I remember watching an Oprah show where they were talking to a "recovering" child molester .... he said that whenever he moves into a community he makes a point of notifying everyone that he has this in his past and asks them to report him if they see him doing anything suspicious because he realizes that he may fall off the wagon and really doesn't want to have any more such problems on his conscience! I thought that was a very good approach from his standpoint ... no one has to look him up on a web site, he makes himself known to all in very public ways.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:53 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzzy

I remember watching an Oprah show where they were talking to a "recovering" child molester .... he said that whenever he moves into a community he makes a point of notifying everyone that he has this in his past and asks them to report him if they see him doing anything suspicious because he realizes that he may fall off the wagon and really doesn't want to have any more such problems on his conscience! I thought that was a very good approach from his standpoint ... no one has to look him up on a web site, he makes himself known to all in very public ways.

Problem is that for every 1 incident reported there are estimated to be up to 30 unreported. Sooooooooo I can't tolerate the idea of expecting these individuals to do what is "right and "good" for the community by narcing on themselves.

I also have heard that the woman who harbored Lunsford's killer will not be charged with anything more serious than obstructing justice. So they are trying to pass legislation that makes the act of harboring a sex offender/predator a crime as well.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Booger Lama

I have to agree that with sexual predators there should be some way of tracking them with bracelet or other means. But before the do it with all sexual offenders at least here in michigan they need to define sexual offender better. In Michigan they do have to registar and if I'm not wrong you can look them up on the net. A girl I worked with brother had to registar here because one night he was walking home form the bar. About half way home as it happens when you have been drinking he had to pee. So he walked down an alley and peed behind a dumpster. A cop happen to see him go down the alley and checked to see what he was doing and caught him and arrested him for indecent exposure which is a sexaul crime which ment he had to registar.

it's not the orgasm but getting there thats fun

a shot in the bush is worth two in the hand

whip me, beat me, tie me up, break my arm, but please don't break my heart

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid people are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell
Old 04-21-2005, 11:29 PM

This is a trick issue, all right.

I have a personal like of the idea that predators should be put into working prison

farms where they are removed from society and as such are no longer the ticking

time bomb. The farms need to be escape proof and the prisoners need to work hard to grow

stuff to eat. Failure to provide for themselves leaves them dog biscuits to survive on.

Rapists to the rapist farm, paedophiles to the nonce farm etc.

Just my take.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Loungin' Around

How about branding? Somewhere everyone can see it. Then they can't take it off.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 04-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

I have to agree with Booger, I know a boy that when he was 17 he had sex with a 16 year old girl. He was of legal age, she was not. She turned up pregnant and he admitted to being the father. So now he is a registared sex offender. He is now raising his daughter.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
Has anybody seen the current movie in which Kevin Bacon playes a sex offender released from prison? This is a very serious problem complicated even further by heavy emotions. Castration would never be an acceptable answer for justice.Sex offenders are sick to begin with.If a person who has raped or molested a child was castrated and then at some time released back into society,wouldn't he think that this is just one more "injustice" done to him? wouldn't he unleash on society next time by committing murder? I am concerned about our society sinking to the level of these people by accepting violence as an answer to it's problems. An ankle bracelet would be a good answer.I think it would also work for non violent "cheque forging" type crimes that don't justify prison time.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:44 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
You don't think that having to wear that bracelet would make someone think that was an injustice to them for the world to see? That wouldn't disgrace him and make him wanna retaliate? C'mon. Get real. There is also chemical castration not just surgical you know. But yeah, the laws need to be clarified on sex offenders and pedophiles. The recurrent ones definitely need to be under tighter surveillence.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:46 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
How about branding? Somewhere everyone can see it. Then they can't take it off.

Freeze branding isn't painful. That's an idea.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:38 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Unfortunately castration would not solve the problem of true predators. Many of their crimes do not even involve ejaculation, and it's not usually a sexual desire that starts things. For them it has little to do with sex, sex is just another tool of power and control.

There is however another sect of these _____(looking for a word for people, because these are not humans) who use children for sexual gratification. Typically they don't kill them, they just abuse them for years.

It's interesting to see why someone is listed as an offender and someone else a predator. Is any one of these worse than the other in regards to the toll they take on society at large?

In my state having sex with someone under the age of 12 is punishable by life in prison. How many of these criminals actually get life in prison, I wonder?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-23-2005, 09:59 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
i think the word you're looking for is creatures

i wonder how many actually get away with it forever

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 04-24-2005, 07:22 AM
curvy queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Unfortunately castration would not solve the problem of true predators. Many of their crimes do not even involve ejaculation, and it's not usually a sexual desire that starts things. For them it has little to do with sex, sex is just another tool of power and control.

yes but wouldn't some form of chemical castrations lower or inhibit their sex drive? it seems to me that lower testosterone from the castration would make them not want to have sex at all, especially with children. It seems as this would be a solution - am I making sense?
Old 04-24-2005, 07:32 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Yes you are making perfect sense!!! For some of the most heinous predators it's not about sex, or their sexual needs...they are called predators because they look for prey, victims. It has been suggested that castration could make them, sex offenders, turn to other acts, torture, mutillation, murder, turning to violence sooner to appease what can no longer be released sexually (with or with out a victim). There is a predator mentality, and it's interesting that they mostly follow a very distinct profile. If you ever look at the list for your area you will start to notice a pattern pretty quickly.

While I'm not opposed to castration at all, I just don't want them walking around after having had it done. To me it offers no real protection.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 04-24-2005, 08:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Exclamation

I saw a videotape,in which,Couey(whatever)asked law enforcement,for help,
years ago,when he was previously, arrested.Law Enforcement,acts highly
indignent,when something happens,but the budget,doesn't allow for any
improvement.This isn't against Law Enforcement!My father was a Conn. State
Policeman & also a town auxilary Policeman.I'm just saying,that money has to
be appropriated to make corrections! Irish