Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Tease and Please

Send a message via Yahoo to AngelicVampires
Unhappy Hurting Beyond Belief

I know this topic has been covered over and over and over again but...every story has a different twist...and in need of different levels of comforting. After 6 months of dating the guy of my dreams, it has ended. I knew that our relationship wasn't perfect but even still I never wanted it to end. I cried for about 4 hours straight...and still going off and on since Saturday night. Seems like it only feels worse when your family keeps bugging you to talk about it and you don't want to. I've gond through the "I just want to die" phase to the "What's so wrong with me?" phase. I guess it hurts so bad because, as corny as it may sound, he was the first guy that I was truly ever in love with. So much so that he was my first (and I don't regret it in the slightest). Is it wrong that I keep hoping that he comes back to me? I feel selfish for wanting that but it's how I feel. I honestly saw us getting married some day...and now that that doesn't seem to be the case, I feel so lost.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Manwhore

Sorry to hear baout your breakup, AV. I remember going through a simialr one way back when. I cried alllll weekend when she left. And then off and on for the next week. It just takes time (and distance) to get over it.

((((((Hugs)))))))

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 08-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Big cuddly teddy bear

Send a message via Yahoo to erickss
Red face You'll be able to keep going

AV,
My ex-wife served me divorce papers 2 weeks after our 8th anniversary. The hurt will be there for a wile, but time will deaden the pain. The other part will be resetting your mind to "it's time to move on". The latter is very hard to do, but very much needed.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:17 PM
curvy queen

One day at a time, baby, one at a time. I swear to God it gets easier.

((((((we-wuv-you))))))
Old 08-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Tease and Please

Send a message via Yahoo to AngelicVampires
Thanks guys. I know I've said this in the past but this time I plan on keeping my word. Since I now know what it feels to really love someone, I don't want to go through this again. If he comes back to me, that will be the happiest day of my life. If not, I will reject anyone that attempts anything more than a friendship. I just feel that that is the best option for me. Single by choice is the only way I can really protect my heart.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Big cuddly teddy bear

Send a message via Yahoo to erickss
Don't sell yourself short

AV,
I felt the same way shortly after being served, but one thing I remember from when I was growing up, was that life is to be experienced, that means both the good and the bad. Don't give up, but do allow yourself the grief and allow yourself to build back up. I had lots of friends and family to support me. Most of all, don't give up living life.

<-- Telling myself this as well.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:29 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

I know that words from another past can NEVER be heard in your present, especially in a time like this.

All I can tell you is not to let the subject of your question change from a person, to time, when you ask ‘where did it go?’

A much wiser Pixie once had the signature-
“Don’t cry because it ended. Smile because it happened.

:hug:

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 08-01-2005, 10:50 PM

Babe I wish I could have better advice for you. Honey you need to seperate yourself from him, his attitude about himself is horrible we have known that since we met him. Why does that affect your relationship suddenly now? Why would you even consider marrying him now? He has hurt you honey... cut your losses and seperate now.

It will take time babe, trust me I know that, I fell hard once, and been trying to prevent it and avoid it like the plague since. I find things about every guy I'm with to make them some how not perfect, but now... I don't know that I can find anything wrong with, well you know who... AV, I'm scared... I don't want to get hurt again, and that is all I can focus on. He can tell how I feel from how often I contact him, how I listen to him, how I obey him, and worst of all how I respond to him. I just refuse to admit it, I don't want to get hurt, and it's inevitable. Everytime he says something about me falling for him my blood turns cold and I cringe. I wish I could get past that, I just can't yet. Anyway... back to the situation at hand, don't mean to take focus away from you...

Ok so as you know James and I are really good friends, distance and time did that, I will keep him in my life and he will do the same for me. We won't ever be the same but we will have a great friendship. I am sorry but I really think you should do this with your loved one. I know you love him, I know you do, probably way more than I ever did James. You need to step back if you can and really analyse how you feel about him. I know you love him but what would you change if you could? Try to remember some of the arguments you two had, how he made you feel at times, how mean he could be, how rough he was, everything that hurt you. Try not to focus on the good things for awhile, I know it is hard, TRUST me I do. Focus on how he has hurt you at times.

Babe, the worst thing you can do is continue to talk to him and beg him to come back. When you both decide it is over... you BOTH need to leave it that way. If he is doing the same to you, you just need to take time and think about it all. Babe all I can say is before he came into your life I never saw you cry but once I think. Suddenly he was there and I would come home and find you crying, or at night you would leave so you wouldn't do it in front of me. I love you honey, we can find better, I know it doesn't look that way at the moment, but trust me I am sure you can. You can find someone that makes you happy all the time... not just some of the time. He ended this, let him come crawling to you.

IF you want to not listen to any of the above, I am ok with that. But I do think you both need to back up and take some time away for a little while, not talk every night, and maybe go back to just dating and no touching. Work on your relationship, you can't change how he feels about himself only he can. He needs to change... Not you.

I know it doesn't help but Honey, I love you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((AV))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))

Some days life can be shitty , some days life can be outstanding ;
Sometimes you find love , sometimes you find fun ;

Just remember through all these changes you are you, special and unique...

Just a reminder to those who are like me and need it...
Old 08-01-2005, 10:56 PM

Just to clarify to everyone else reading, she was never physically hurt, well actually a couple times, but we were all rough housing, it was fun. Also he isn't a bad guy, he just has a poor oppinion of himself and he can be very forceful with his views. He isn't a bad guy, I just don't like seeing my girl hurt.

Again, I love ya Hun

Some days life can be shitty , some days life can be outstanding ;
Sometimes you find love , sometimes you find fun ;

Just remember through all these changes you are you, special and unique...

Just a reminder to those who are like me and need it...
Old 08-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Not there yet.....

((((((((av))))))))))

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 08-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Learning to talk sexy

((((((((AV))))))))) hope your heart begins to feel better soon .... but can I just give you something to think about ... and I give this as someone who has lived a long time and played it safe with my heart for most of that time .... I believe (with wisdom of one who cannot reverse these decisions in my own life) that love is always a gift and that it always has the ability to bring us joy .... even when it doesn't last it can leave us a better person (if we let it) and that makes it worth trying again ... I'm only now in an emotional place in my life where I can move forward in those beliefs ... and it is so much harder after soooo many years doing it the other way.

Give yourself sufficient time to recover, time to discover what you would like to do different the next go around and then go looking for love ... with hope (not desperation) and find it where you will .... if not in romance, that enjoy love of friends, family, etc. I wish you all the BEST!!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:58 AM
curvy queen

AV,

Kaelynn is giving you very sound advice. Listen to her. She's a gen-i-us.

I really hurts me to see you going through this. And t hurts me even more to hear you say that single by choice is the only way to go. It isn't. I know that right you feel like your heart has been ripped out and stampeded by a herd of buffalo, or maybe worse. But time will heal. That's cliche, but I swear it. things don't get to be cliche unless they're true most of the time.

Every relationship is a gamble. You invest yourself in it, and sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work we find ourselves going through exactly what you are doing right now. But the emotion you will feel when it does pay off is ten times stronger than anything you've ever felt before and totally worth the risk.

I am a firm believer that there is someone for everyone, and I hate to see you miss out on what could be an awesome, lifechanging experience foryou just because you're scared. I know it's frightening right now, but you can't let your fear run your life. so for now, take sometime for yourself. Lean on your friends, go out and do shit, DO NOT pin yourself up in your room. Also, don't call him. I'm assuming he broke up with you and if he did, there had to ahve been a reason, good or bad. If you are constantly calling him and all up in his grill, that pushes him further away and you sever any chance for a relationship.

Time. Time. Time. it really does heal all wounds.

I'll be thinking of you.

LAW
Old 08-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicVampires
I will reject anyone that attempts anything more than a friendship. I just feel that that is the best option for me. Single by choice is the only way I can really protect my heart.

I know you feel like this now but I don't think it's going to happen (I can see you being single forever if you were say, PF's age or something). Like the others have said, time heals all wounds. If it was meant to be, he will come back.

If not, I suggest a haircut, a night out with girlfriends (preferably with mud slides or white Russians or girlie drinks) & dancing with abandon.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:52 AM
curvy queen

^^^^^ Good advice - particularly the mudslide and dancing part.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:03 AM

AV the man simply needs time to figure himself out. He feels lost, confused, and worst of all he feels he has hurt you.

Kaelynn, friend or not this is one time you are likely to cause more problems than you are to help. Your wanting to "protect" AV makes you beat down the man she loves.
In doing so you:
A) Drive a wedge between yourself and her. (Even if she doesn't tell you)
B) Make it impossible for them to ever get back together.
C) Make the guy hate you.

AV don't listen to them about not talking to the guy. There is a difference between talking and begging him to come back. As long as you don't pressure him to come back everything will be fine. Keeping communication open is key in being able to salvage what you had.

Think about the entire relationship and decide if the good outweighed the bad. If it did then why should you give up? I would rather go down fighting than tuck tail between my legs and run. (Just be careful not to come across overly obsessive)

“Learn to see things as they really are, not as we imagine they are.” -Vernon Howard-

“Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have; what you are will show in what you do.”
–Thomas Davidson-