Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
Lightbulb Denny's Ordeal

I wanted to update you all about what's happening with Denny. I know he has many friends here who would want to know...

Denny's been suffering for quite some time from atrial fibrilation. The docs tried to correct it through meds and through more aggressive means, but it didn't respond. This past Thursday, Denny had an outpatient procedure done. During the procedure, there were complications that landed Denny in ICU with a chest tube.

The following morning when the docs tried to remove the chest tube, Denny began bleeding uncontrollably and it was quickly determined that an artery in his heart had been nicked. He was rushed to the OR where they opened his chest and repaired the artery. Twice during the operation, he had to be resusitated (sp?) as his heart stopped beating. Also, hee was given two units of blood.

After two days in the surgical ICU, he was finally moved to the cardiac floor, and now he's got pneumonia. This morning, the surgeon removed the chest tube successfully and, God willing, Denny will possibly be coming home tomorrow to continue recovering.

So... an outpatient procedure turned into major surgery and near death. After much pain and suffering, Denny got some more news this morning... the atrial fibrilation has NOT been corrected.

I'll be here in Thousand Oaks with him. I took him to the hospital and will bring him back upon release, and I'll stay here and tend to him. Believe me when I say he will receive all the loving care I have to give.

He's not out of the woods yet. The pneumonia persists and we were informed yesterday that he's got some damage to the heart as a result of this whole experience.

He can use your prayers and good wishes! I'll keep you updated.

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 04-17-2005, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutelady
...He can use your prayers and good wishes! I'll keep you updated.

flutelady,

I had no idea! He'll be in and has mine! Thank you. (((Denny)))
Old 04-17-2005, 12:09 PM
~getting by~

((((Denny)))) those are big hugs for a successful recovery... (((flutelady))) I can't begin to imagine the range of emotions you have been through ... hang in there wonderful pixie lady! I'll be sure to keep both of you in my prayers for the coming days.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Made in England

I wish for the both of you a fast recovery from this terrible ordeal.....my thoughts are with you Denny and Flutelady. There is by far nothing worse that not being able to do anything but put faith in the doctors and wait.....positive thoughts are being sent your way.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Just me.

I had no idea. For sure my wife and I will keep him in our prayers. Our church also has a prayer chain and he'll be added to that. When you see him, tell him there's a lot of prayers going to for his well-being.

((( HUGS )))
Old 04-17-2005, 12:26 PM

Our thoughts are prayers are with you Denny....Get well soon....

Don’t let the hardship of the past, take away from the joy of the present
Old 04-17-2005, 12:28 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
((((hugs))) for you both. While it must be awful going through something like this, I know it is just as hard to watch someone you love suffer and try to heal. Thoughts and vibes of love, peace,strength, and healing being sent westward.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Loungin' Around

((((Denny)))) and ((((Flutelady)))) ~~ I had wondered why I'd not seen much of either of you.

I am sending you both my thoughts and love. If there is anything else I can possibly do, please let me know. I would be happy to help.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 04-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
Good Grief! I'm adding my prayers to the list here as well... passing get well and supportive thoughts along too. I wish I could do more.

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 04-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

best wishes and good vibes being sent to both of you, Denny get well soon and Flutelady bless you for caring so much.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:22 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

OMG...in my thoughts and prayers for sure!!

*hugz for you both*

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 04-17-2005, 02:44 PM
gurly gurl

oh sweetie, thanks for sharing with us. I am so sorry to hear about this horrible ordeal. I have no doubt he's in great hands with you sweetie.
You are BOTH in my heart and prayers.

Love ya.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Carpe diem

The BEST to you, Denny, for a COMPLETE and RAPID recovery. You're sure to get the BEST care with Flutelady by your side.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:51 PM
soft and cuddly

I know I'm pretty quite here but I wanted to add my thoughts and prayers for you.

Penny
Old 04-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Sorry to hear about the medical woes that Denny has had .... my best wishes, thoughts and prayers going out to both of you! Be happy and healthy!