Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2004, 01:19 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Apparently I am Married to MacGuyver

This morning I was soooo disappointed because while washing my hair I knocked one of my very most favorite silver stud earrings down the drain. Mr. Lil immediately grabbed his telescoping magnet, then I "reminded" him that you can't pick up silver with a magnet I thanked him for trying and ran off to grocery shop.

When I came home the earring was on the bathroom counter. I was sooo happy, I asked "How did you get this out?" and my kiddos said, "he used a dental pick and a peanut butter chewy candy" After accusing them of being full of a substance usuallyfound in a pasture, their father assured me he had indeed got my earring out of the drain using a dental pick and peanut butter chews. When I asked him how the hell he came up with that idea he replied, " I couldn't find any chewing gum." :dizzy:

Have you ever solved a problem in an extremely creative way?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-28-2004, 01:33 PM
~getting by~

unfortunately I'm not that creative and usually let anger and frustration take over in the form of a pity party. You've got a wonderful husband Lil...
Old 11-28-2004, 01:40 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Yep...i do that shit *LOL*

Where theres a will theres a way!

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 11-28-2004, 01:41 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy
unfortunately I'm not that creative and usually let anger and frustration take over in the form of a pity party. You've got a wonderful husband Lil...

shhhhhhhhh don't let him hear you say that

I usually just say fuck it and blame it on bad luck.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-28-2004, 04:24 PM
Not there yet.....

My wife dropped one of her contacts down the bathroom sink once. She was all perturbed and mad at herself. I took the flashlight and saw that fortunately, it had landed, curved sides up, on the little lever that normally lifts and lowers the drain plug. It's about 4 inches down the drain though. She says "Great, now what?" I went to get one of those 8 inch long q-tips that I used to clean my cassette player heads and a jar of honey. Dabbed a little on the q-tip end lowered it down the drain and ......voila! Brought up contact on the end of the q-tip and handed it to her............... WELL......... that is what MacGuyver would have done!

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 11-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Just me.

Before my dad passed away, he had an old Oldsmobile Delta 88 that had a rear tail light lens with a hole in it. After the dealer told him it'd cost $70 to fix; he brought it home. I saw the broken part of the lens laying in the bottom of the light fixture; took a straw with bubble gum and pulled the broken chip up. Put glue around the opening and pulled the lens piece back into place. Held it until the glue set and ... voila ... it worked. Lens lasted like that for several years after dad passed away and my brother took over the car.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Mama Mia!

I've never done anything like that--I guess I just think inside the box lol

It's a BOY!!
Old 11-28-2004, 05:51 PM

My daughter's car, an old Daewoo (Korean crap), needed a rear lens cluster.

Replacements were almost 200 Ozbucks and had been on order for 18 months.

The Motor people were not going to pass the car for registration.

I found a trailer lens for 15 Ozbucks and cut coloured bits to shape and stuck them in

the holes with silicone so I could change the globe if it blew.

DMV passed the car and you still can't get the part.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:26 PM

have used rope wrapped in duct tape for a fan belt.
radiator hose to fix the kitchen drain till I could get to the store.
bailing wire to splice a spark plug wire that burnt into (just dont touch it while running
)
improvise,adapt,& proceed
Old 11-28-2004, 08:43 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
nope, but i don't need to. i'm married to macguyver, too.(the damn polygamist, when the hell did i move to utah?? )

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 11-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Rollercoasters ROCK!!!!!!

Yup I got one of those too and......

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
nope, but i don't need to. i'm married to macguyver, too.(the damn polygamist, when the hell did i move to utah?? )

I'll be damned if he isn't training me to think like that. It just goes to prove you can too teach an old bitch new tricks/trix/trics/triks/whips/trikz.!!!!??!!!!!

"ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE"

Old 11-28-2004, 09:33 PM
Lickalotapuss

Send a message via ICQ to Gekko Send a message via AIM to Gekko Send a message via MSN to Gekko Send a message via Yahoo to Gekko
Umm, I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue....does that count?

*edit* I forgot to mention, that I tie it in a knot AROUND my tongue ring :P Just think what I can do with a REAL cherry :P

Snatch a Kiss..........or vice versa :P

"Consider yourself an Idiot. Now consider yourself a Member of Congress...But I repeat myself" --Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain
Old 11-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Insatiable

Oh boy, I can't tell you how many times I have pulled something out of thin air.

One of my favs was when a Starling flew down our chimney. I opened the flue but he wouldn't come out. I had to come up with a way to get the bird out without hurting it. So, I climbed onto the roof and lowered a rope with a plastic lid tied to the end of it. The lid acted as a "pusher" to force the bird to walk out of the flue.

Once it was in the house, catching it was fairly easy.

rabbit
Old 11-28-2004, 10:14 PM
here and there

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit
Oh boy, I can't tell you how many times I have pulled something out of thin air.

One of my favs was when a Starling flew down our chimney. I opened the flue but he wouldn't come out. I had to come up with a way to get the bird out without hurting it. So, I climbed onto the roof and lowered a rope with a plastic lid tied to the end of it. The lid acted as a "pusher" to force the bird to walk out of the flue.

Once it was in the house, catching it was fairly easy.

rabbit

what? lighting a fire below it was not an option? I am sure it would have vacated the premises out the top of the chimney.

Hopefully you now have a proper chimney cap on there (they are actually a really good idea just in case your chuimney were to ever catch on fire, they keep the embers off the roof!)
Old 11-29-2004, 06:08 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I love your hubby Lil! Oops...I mean...whatta man! Mr. Lixy is no MacGyver...but really mechanically inclined. I'm usually the one to come up with the uses for duct tape, etc...but I'll be damned if I can think of any at this time in the morning. As usual...I'll think of something[s] during my work day and get back to ya!

~Thomas Dewar~