Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2003, 03:45 AM
Multi-Sexual

Arrogance: The War

Over the last year and a half, people have experianced a high array of emotions, from fear, to shock, to anger, and more. Many people said, there won't be a war. I was one of them.

After conceeding that fact, many people said that even if there was a war, it wouldn't be long and drawn out, and it wouldn't hurt us. After all, we are America, home of the brave. I was one of them.

The war is happening, whether we want it or not, and I've noticed several types of people.

One group is all but loading their own personal ammo, ready to take on the world.

One group is scared and hiding in a basement with gallons of water, and duct tape.

One group is torn, do we fight, or play dead?

One group is arrogant: They don't think anything bad will happen, because we are America, home of the brave. I am no longer a part of this group.

There are more groups interwoven in this right now, but those are the majority.

Tonight, I went to the movies with my daughter, and missed Bush's speech. After the movie, we stopped at the dollar store, and browsed for a bit. The radio station they were listening to had songs playing that reminded me of 7th grade. The announcer wasn't saying anything in between, but it is my understanding now, that Bush had already addressed the nation.

The songs playing were the same ones my middle school played over the PA system on the day after Desert Storm was announced.

I've known for quite some time that the war was inevitable. I'm against it, but I understand the need. I just feel without a doubt that at some point during all of this, we will be hit, on our own soil, and against our own people.

This won't be a war fought on distant land, facing distant opponants. It will be seen here, up close, and felt by millions.

And still, people are arrogant enough to think we can't be hurt.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:07 AM
Fallen

I unfortunately missed this today, although I just finished talking with a friend (she was quite desolated, being a very kind hearted and empathic woman, bless her heart) and I have to agree...it was inevitable, for better or for worse. Unofortunately what can you do? There is a lot of uncertainty in the future and what the repurcussions of our actions have yet to be foretold...all we can do is live our lives, and hope and pray that this all ends soon.

It is very disheartening to say the least...many innocent people will die, and will anything actually be solved? What if we do actually route Saddam out...will the next regime be any better? Too many quesitions and too many what ifs, it is enough to boggle the mind...I realize I am rambling a bit, but right now my head is a bit unclear...just venting I guess...
"And as we all play parts of tomorrow, some ways will work and other ways we'll play. And I know we can't all stay here forever, so I'll write, my words on the face of today...and then they'll paint it" - Shannon Hoon
Old 03-18-2003, 04:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to aflyerfan Send a message via Yahoo to aflyerfan
We have already been attacked on our own land. I support the United States and my president. What more has to happen on our own land before it is time to take the fight to the enemy. The destruction of the trade centers wasnt enough?
We(the U.S.A) are fighting pure evil.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:38 AM
Learning to talk sexy

Some may know that I live just above the northern edge of Camp Pendleton -- usually one of the first places they pull troops from to send to the Middle East ... so I have a lot of friends where one of the adults in the family has already been shipped off to that area ... I have 2 nephews in active military service ... one just returned from the Middle East and one heading there within the next couple of months ....

I have no desire to rush headlong into conflict, but we haven't have we? I do wonder though .... who are we (as a nation) if we don't maintain the values we have espoused for the last 200+ years ... if we back away from them now because we fear retribution, then what will be the cost to our own country and the freedom we hold dear.

I believe in peace and love ... I have prayed that my heart be softened and then prayed for those who have declared themselves our enemy .... and yet with every peace loving fiber of my being I do not feel it right to sit by and let wrong prevail .... there is an old and valued quote (I paraphrase).... all it takes for evil to thrive is for good men (and women) to sit silent. Sometimes war becomes necessary to ensure peace .... that is sad, but true I think.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:14 AM
Scottish Angel

God bless those who strive for peace and those who would lay their own lives down for others.
War sucks--------but the alternative facing the world is so much worse--------------how many more innocents will have to suffer at the hands of dictators and mad-men( throughout the world).

God bless us allxxx
Old 03-18-2003, 06:35 AM
Hot Tongue and Member

Send a message via AIM to don73153 Send a message via Yahoo to don73153
I too don't wish for a war. Our sons and daughter's lives will be the cost we pay for it. But what kind of world is it that at any moment, anywhere, there might be a religious zealot lurking with a bomb? Are we to fear even walking outside, down the street, in our favorite store, because of that fear?

Yes, FEAR, THREAT, TERROR. People, this is insane! We MUST stop it. I believe that the best defense against this type of threat is a very aggressive offense. Go in, root em out, stab them in the neck, and watch em bleed. Put it on TV for the world to see. Even the terrorists will see that we aren't going to put up with this shit anymore!

I believe we're doing the right thing.

God bless America!!

Don
Old 03-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Nice but never normal

It is really nice to come on here and listen to an intelligent conversation about what our country is facing and what we will be facing. I have spent the last several days arguing on a different forum with people who are more interested in spewing out the whole "Oh the government is corrupt, power hungry, and infringing on our rights."

I don't fully agree with war, any sane person wouldn't. However the alternative is something far worse and much more dangerous. Terror needs to be stopped now, we can't just keep trying to hide from it.

Thanks for letting me up on the soap box.

"Even heroes have the right to bleed."

"I'm wakin up at the start of the end of the world
Old 03-18-2003, 05:12 PM

This war is one of pride: on both sides. Nobody trusts Saddam, but you need to have proof that he has, or is developing, weapons of mass destruction. The trick is to prove it. You need that proof before people start dying. The inspectors did everything they could.

I did not catch Bush's message either. They really don't show much of anything here of foreign news. The newspapers had a little bit about the message. Apparently Bush was talking about how the problems in the country are Saddams fault. Funny, it is the sanctions placed on the country that has resulted in the poverty.

I have seen *way* more than my fair share of the world. The United States should not, and cannot, expect to be the globe's peace force. How would the American public react to another nation forcing their political goals and views upon them. Hmmm. I think that, in the past, lead to war with the British.

Should Saddam have WOMD, he deserves what he gets. So far, many different experts have failed to prove it and the United States has been unable to produce anything to the contrary of the findings of the inspectors. I just hope that people are not paying for a lie with their own blood.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:46 PM
This is my BOOMSTICK!

Send a message via AIM to Santiago
my parents live about 10 min from Camp David and 75 miles from Washington, I live around 100 miles from Washington. My fear is that they will send nukes over here that actually strike because we do live so close to the capital. I dont think about it though. I dont want to think about it. I feel there is no reason to think(dwell) about it because there is nothing I can do about it. So if it happens, what shitty luck we have.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:14 PM
hellsbells's Stallion

Send a message via Yahoo to horseman12
I just happened to catch a little bit of news tonight and heard a report that saddam threatened to use the very weapons he claimed for years not to have on anyone invading Iraq, how can he use something so many people are so sure he does'nt have? yet he comes out and tells the world yep i got'em and i'm gonna use'em!!

It is sickening!!

Life's A Bitch, but I Deal withit!!
Old 03-18-2003, 08:23 PM

Horseman12, That's an example of why it is necessary for the world to move on without that regime. Not only does Iraq have WMDs, but they have used them in the past against Iranian military in the 1980-1988 war, and also against Iraqi civilians in 1988.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:40 PM
hellsbells's Stallion

that is my sentiments also, he needs to be out of power regardless, his free will, or by force

Old 03-18-2003, 08:43 PM
hellsbells's Stallion

but the really sad part is hundreds if not more cilvillians will die because of saddam, he knows what is gonna be targeted and he WILL put innocent people at those places to be slaughtered because he has no conciousness of humanity, he is one SICK *&$##^

Old 03-19-2003, 12:59 AM
Banned

the difference is . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by aflyerfan
We have already been attacked on our own land. I support the United States and my president. What more has to happen on our own land before it is time to take the fight to the enemy. The destruction of the trade centers wasnt enough?
We(the U.S.A) are fighting pure evil.

The Iraqis weren't behind the WTC attacks. There were no Iraqis on board those planes.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:53 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Your are right Steph but, yes there is a but, some of the money to train the 9/11 terrorist came from and through Iraq, there are terrorist training camps in Iraq. And Saddaim Hussain is paying PLO human bomber families money for their "loss".