Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2003, 05:39 AM

affairs

Q to everyone
If woman were more dirty in the bedroom would there be less affairs.
Old 07-19-2003, 05:46 AM
Just me.

Welcome to Pixies, eyesopen. Glad to have you with us.

Don't know if that would be true, but I'd suspect a good healthy sex-life would leave less reason for either partner to seek out another.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to BlueSwede Send a message via Yahoo to BlueSwede
I agree that a healthy, open sex life might keep both partners interested in each other (I hate the term dirty...as if there's something wrong w/being more open "between the sheets"). However, sometimes it doesn't matter what one of the partners is doing; some partners crave that excitement...that feeling of lust and response to the increased level of pheromes...that comes from either the "chase" of new or different people and/or the actual experience of being w/someone new.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:09 AM
Loungin' Around

It's a toss-up in my book. SOme people I know just need love and affection. If they got it at home they would never stray.

Others need novelty...and the reassurance that you can turn a guy's head from a mile away. Can't manage these by being faithful.

Good question!

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 07-19-2003, 11:10 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Welcum to Pixies eyesopen!

Good question....and I'd have to say no! An affair isn't about what's at home and what's not at home. An affair is a selfish act by one person to satisfy his/her curiosity. I don't say "selfish" in a negative way...but for lack of a better word here......it's an act by ones self (selfish) to satisfy a curiosity. Something one might feel he/she missed out on or deserved despite the wedding vows! I don't think all affairs are well planned and thought out......and so therefore they are not of what's at home or what's not at home......they just are!

I also agree about the "dirty" word. Not really appropriate as it's connotation suggests that men are perverted when it comes to sex. And...BTW.....men aren't the only ones who have affairs!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 07-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Lusting Horny Pixie

I personally don't believe that SEX has anything to do with affairs. Just my opinion...
Old 07-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Banned

Editing Web dating profiles makes me suspect sex has something to do with it. A significant percentage of Web ads make reference to the shitty sex life at home . . . not saying that justifies affairs - just saying it justifies it for many people.

Also, my friend the cop asks johns why they're with hookers - no sex at home is a common reply.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
Not sure it's sex alone as such as it might just be openmindedness. For example, if you could get all the sex you wanted out of a partner, but were limited to one or two positions, would it still be as exciting to you after an amount of time has passed?
I really firmly believe in 'variety is the spice of life' and also in the bedroom (or even NOT in the bedroom, go for the other rooms as well).

Plus maybe there are other things being unfufilled, emotional and mental needs.....
Old 07-21-2003, 11:30 AM

I would have to say no also. Affairs happen for many a different reason depending on the person. Obviously they feel they are lacking something and need to look other places for it.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:32 AM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
I would say no in general, but i remember reading an article written by a prositute that most married men who came to her for services just wanted a BJ cause their wife wouldnt give them.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Banned

That was what the cop I talked to said, too. Men want blowjobs and aren't getting them at home.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:20 PM
Registered Dork

Quote:
Originally posted by dadaist
Not sure it's sex alone as such as it might just be openmindedness. For example, if you could get all the sex you wanted out of a partner, but were limited to one or two positions, would it still be as exciting to you after an amount of time has passed?
I really firmly believe in 'variety is the spice of life' and also in the bedroom (or even NOT in the bedroom, go for the other rooms as well).

Plus maybe there are other things being unfufilled, emotional and mental needs.....

Ditto ditto ditto ditto...........
Old 07-21-2003, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jennaflower
I personally don't believe that SEX has anything to do with affairs. Just my opinion...

True that, Jenna.

When I have been cheated on, the sex was the last thing on my mind. I felt bad that I was being lied to.

Old 07-21-2003, 04:16 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nubian
I agree that affairs happen due to a lot of other reasons than sex. I guess the question presumes that the human **animal's** natural bent is toward monogomy. I'm not so sure...
Old 07-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Just want to enjoy life!

Re: affairs

Quote:
Originally posted by eyesopen
Q to everyone
If woman were more dirty in the bedroom would there be less affairs.

I may be wrong, but I do think that that would be true in alot, not all cases.

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
E. E. Cummings

My Pictures

Picture requests

As Promised