Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   affairs (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15153)

eyesopen 07-19-2003 05:39 AM

affairs

Q to everyone
If woman were more dirty in the bedroom would there be less affairs.

dicksbro 07-19-2003 05:46 AM

Welcome to Pixies, eyesopen. Glad to have you with us.

Don't know if that would be true, but I'd suspect a good healthy sex-life would leave less reason for either partner to seek out another.

BlueSwede 07-19-2003 06:03 AM

I agree that a healthy, open sex life might keep both partners interested in each other (I hate the term dirty...as if there's something wrong w/being more open "between the sheets"). However, sometimes it doesn't matter what one of the partners is doing; some partners crave that excitement...that feeling of lust and response to the increased level of pheromes...that comes from either the "chase" of new or different people and/or the actual experience of being w/someone new.

osuche 07-19-2003 07:09 AM

It's a toss-up in my book. SOme people I know just need love and affection. If they got it at home they would never stray.

Others need novelty...and the reassurance that you can turn a guy's head from a mile away. Can't manage these by being faithful.

Good question!

LixyChick 07-19-2003 11:10 AM

Welcum to Pixies eyesopen!

Good question....and I'd have to say no! An affair isn't about what's at home and what's not at home. An affair is a selfish act by one person to satisfy his/her curiosity. I don't say "selfish" in a negative way...but for lack of a better word here......it's an act by ones self (selfish) to satisfy a curiosity. Something one might feel he/she missed out on or deserved despite the wedding vows! I don't think all affairs are well planned and thought out......and so therefore they are not of what's at home or what's not at home......they just are!

I also agree about the "dirty" word. Not really appropriate as it's connotation suggests that men are perverted when it comes to sex. And...BTW.....men aren't the only ones who have affairs!

jennaflower 07-19-2003 11:53 AM

I personally don't believe that SEX has anything to do with affairs. Just my opinion...

Steph 07-19-2003 12:28 PM

Editing Web dating profiles makes me suspect sex has something to do with it. A significant percentage of Web ads make reference to the shitty sex life at home . . . not saying that justifies affairs - just saying it justifies it for many people.

Also, my friend the cop asks johns why they're with hookers - no sex at home is a common reply.

dadaist 07-21-2003 11:02 AM

Not sure it's sex alone as such as it might just be openmindedness. For example, if you could get all the sex you wanted out of a partner, but were limited to one or two positions, would it still be as exciting to you after an amount of time has passed?
I really firmly believe in 'variety is the spice of life' and also in the bedroom (or even NOT in the bedroom, go for the other rooms as well).

Plus maybe there are other things being unfufilled, emotional and mental needs.....

Ananke 07-21-2003 11:30 AM

I would have to say no also. Affairs happen for many a different reason depending on the person. Obviously they feel they are lacking something and need to look other places for it.

skipthisone 07-21-2003 11:32 AM

I would say no in general, but i remember reading an article written by a prositute that most married men who came to her for services just wanted a BJ cause their wife wouldnt give them.

Steph 07-21-2003 01:00 PM

That was what the cop I talked to said, too. Men want blowjobs and aren't getting them at home.

RandyGal 07-21-2003 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dadaist
Not sure it's sex alone as such as it might just be openmindedness. For example, if you could get all the sex you wanted out of a partner, but were limited to one or two positions, would it still be as exciting to you after an amount of time has passed?
I really firmly believe in 'variety is the spice of life' and also in the bedroom (or even NOT in the bedroom, go for the other rooms as well).

Plus maybe there are other things being unfufilled, emotional and mental needs.....

Ditto ditto ditto ditto...........

seriousfun 07-21-2003 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jennaflower
I personally don't believe that SEX has anything to do with affairs. Just my opinion...

True that, Jenna.

When I have been cheated on, the sex was the last thing on my mind. I felt bad that I was being lied to.

Nubian 07-21-2003 04:16 PM

I agree that affairs happen due to a lot of other reasons than sex. I guess the question presumes that the human **animal's** natural bent is toward monogomy. I'm not so sure...

Cobalt 07-21-2003 06:49 PM

Re: affairs

Quote:
Originally posted by eyesopen
Q to everyone
If woman were more dirty in the bedroom would there be less affairs.

I may be wrong, but I do think that that would be true in alot, not all cases.