Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2004, 03:38 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Lixy, I make my own hand creams, but you're just too far away to pop round and pick up a pot!

However, sweet almond oil is notoriously good for the hands and fingernails, as is cocoa butter, so look for creams which contain those two ingredients. I personally, avoid vaseline and mineral oil like the plague, since they are products which are made from crude oil (eeeewwww) and they are waterproof, which means they can actually prevent moisture from reaching the skin cells.

Other things that will help your nails are making sure that you use rubber gloves when doing the dishes, wearing gloves outside to prevent your hands from chapping, making sure you have enough calcium in your diet (particularly important for women, anyway, of course, to prevent osteoporosis) and massaging your cuticles regularly to ensure good circulation. When you're watching TV at night, or when you're a passenger in a car, or on the phone etc, just gently massage your fingers, especially the very top knuckle. This will also help to prevent fluid retention in your fingers and generally feels yummy. If you have some hand cream you can use at the same time, all the better.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 11-16-2004, 06:14 AM
Everybody Stretch!

OMG! You ladies (and PF too...lol!) are sooooooooo fantastic! All GREAT suggestions and I have very little time for a reply at the moment. I'll get back here tonight and talk to one and all!

One thing I forgot to mention is...my job is so peculiar in that, I work with textile with a fire backing on it. It's a strong chemical, sprayed on heavy fabric and can even take off my nail polish if I work with several pieces throughout the day. I can tell it's drying my hands out and there isn't much I can do by way of lotion during the day...cause the lotion may stain the one and only yard of fabric we have to work with. I can't take that chance cause it can be quite expensive to replace.

Also, I work with leather. In the tanning process, I imagine they use some kind of chemical because it's sucks the moisture out of my hands too! And, if the hide isn't "sealed" or, what we call "finished", I most certaintly cannot use lotion near it. Even if a drop of my machine oil gets on it...it can be ruined!

Yikes! Guess I shoulda mentioned all that before, huh?

Thanks again everyone. I'll be back this evening to chat you all up!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 11-16-2004, 09:50 AM
is not this trim anymore!

I've never heard of using crisco but it makes sense when you think of it. My hands dry up in the winter too and I continuously apply different kinds of lotions. The way I figure it is each lotion may provide something different so my hands are getting a well, rounded application.

And Lilith...I'm not going to suggest the wank & spoo lotion dispenser. But if you're looking for a place to wipe off the excess lotion, well...

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Everybody Stretch!

I just love you guys soooooooooooo much...you've no idea!

Lilith...Ring my bell (teehee!) and see if we can still order from the old catalogs. Till then...I've plenty of white socks!

maddy...Sounds soothing and I could try that at night. TY so much for the insight! If you've read my last post, I just can't use lotion at work. There are times during the day when I just wanna say "fuck it" and put some on, but I test textiles to see if we can make a particular design/prototype from it (testing the bias, repeat pattern, durability, ability to stand the test of time...etc.). Not to mention the leather we use. Some of it is so porous that i'd suck up a drop of sewing machine oil and spread like wild fire!

Teddy Bear...WOW! All great suggestions hun...tyvm! Hubby is hooked on Eucerin and I always have a jar of it around. I definitely will try the humidifier (pathetic for me...but it's tops on my X-mas list). Gonna lower the temp on my shower too! *hugs*

wyndhy...I've seen the product you mentioned. I'll try anything at this point...so it sounds good to me. TY for the suggestion hun! As I sit here and type, I can feel this pickey thing on the side of my middle finger on my left hand that is driving me NUTS!!!! Arrrrrrrrrg! Oh...oops! I'm back. I picked it off and I bet that's gonna hurt in the morning...lol!

osuche...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...that sounds so relaxing! TY so much for thinking of ANOTHER reason for baby oil! Now I gotta hide it from Mr. Lixy! LOL! *hugs*

Lilith...I'm more surprised than you that no men have suggested the spoo miracle goo too! (Damn!...say that five times fast..lmfao!) Mr Lixy swears by his...swears it's a soothing lotion for dry skin, a dessert topping, a furniture polish, protein galore, a hair conditioner...AND a floor cleaner! Now that's some terrific stuff, eh?

Cheyanne...OMFG!!!!! If Santa doesn't bring me the super-duper one of those...well...then...I just ain't gonna give him any puss...er...cookies, this cumming....(damn it!)...coming year!!!!!!!!! Matter of fact...I'll chop his "head" off when he cums down my fuckin chimney...if he's only got some of HIS lotion!!!! *hugs the stuffins outta you!*

Lilith...MOVE OVER and MAKE ROOM FOR ME!!!!!!!!

maddy...At this point, I'd smather myself in anything greasy...as long as my skin and nails soak it up and go ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

PF...Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I miss her too! I'd prefer the "real" her...but if you have to go get a wax figure of Steph...JUST BRING HER BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! (please tell her I said so...k?)

Loulabelle...OH...ok...rub it in that I live MILES and MILES away from you guys. Fuckin lake!!!! Um...ahem...sorry hun! I just would lurve to meet up with you and Fussy someday and...speaking of Fussy, WTF has he been??? Haven't seen a post from him in ages. Hmmm...ut oh! I digressed again, huh? Well...just tell him I miss him and blah, blah, blah, blah...get back to Pixies NOW young man! K? LOL! So...anyway...I can PM you my home addy and you can send me a pot (at my expense, of course), or I could just take you up on your advice and check all bottles for the ingredients. Great advice Lou...TYSVM!

WI...AAAAAAHAA! Finally...an honest man (in a round-about way...smooth move, Ex-Lax!)! *giggle, snort, giggle, giggle, giggle*

Keep it cumming folks! I love the suggestions and Mr. Lixy LOVES my hands all covered with these lotions!!!!!!!!

((((EVERYONE)))))

~Thomas Dewar~

Last edited by LixyChick : 11-16-2004 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Mama Mia!

I don't have this problem, (and though I probably shouldn't say this lol) to put it bluntly, it's because I never do anything. Probably the most hands on contact I get is driving my car.. We have a lady that cleans our house and we have a dishwasher and such. I have soft hands and long nails, but I don't do anything special to them on a daily basis, just rub lotion on them after I shower.

A big key to long/strong nails is avoiding activities that might cause them to break and keeping them trimmed to a reasonable length. Another major part of it is your DIET. Keep that in check and fix the problem from the inside out.

If you think the humidity is a problem, your best bet is to get some humidifiers (spelling?) and keep some lotion on those hands(ideally some kind of "butter", shea butter works great).

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest going to get manicured and get a paraffin wax dip, the dips you get at a spa/salon are a better than the home dips in my opinion. I get them every time I get manicured. Ask your manicurist to recommend a cream or brand name, most places sell good stuff right in their offices.

It's a BOY!!
Old 11-17-2004, 03:43 AM
Just me.

You could hire a maid ...

and I'd help you with your nylons. :lust:

Okay, it was just a suggestion.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Slut Lolver

Strach my back, I don't mind a bit.
LOL

Real swingers meet here. Free Membership

"Share your Wife so other men can enjoy her too"
Old 11-18-2004, 01:24 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
I've never heard of using crisco .....

Wise man.

You never want to use Crisco on it WI. That's shortnin, and you don't want that.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 11-18-2004, 05:40 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
Wise man.

You never want to use Crisco on it WI. That's shortnin, and you don't want that.

LOL You are right! My goal is usually to make it swell

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-18-2004, 06:05 AM
Everybody Stretch!

cherrypie7788...I want your life! OK...I'll settle for your cleaning lady! I love your suggestions but I have to admit that it seems futile to get my nails manicured fore the work I do. I could get it done on Friday evening and by Monday evening it'd look like crap! I think, the only way to keep my nails polished and pretty is to find another job...which leads me back to my biggest whine..."What do I want to be when I grow up"? LOL! It's a vicious circle, I tell ya! TY for the insight!

db...I was hoping for a manly suggestion such as yours! I've always wanted my own personal dresser! *giggle*

Cjack...I'd gladly scratch your back...if I had strong nails! Arrgggggg!

PF...You're always looking out for us! lol!

Lilith...Chain ^^^ up! I'll be back later this evening to see if he learned a lesson! lol!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 11-18-2004, 01:34 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
LOL You are right! My goal is usually to make it swell

"like buttah"

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:50 PM
Rollercoasters ROCK!!!!!!

Wink hydration...

drink lots more water not being hydrated well enough is the #1 reason for so many things going awry with our bodies.
an i know what you mean about the work i work in steel construction an never know from one day to the next what my poor paws will be exposed to gl lady
feeling your pain boilergirl1

"ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE"

Old 11-29-2004, 05:47 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Well ladies and gents...I must say EUREKA!

I was in the drug store this past Wednesday, buying cold medicines for myself and Mr. Lixy (arrggggg!), and I checked the lotion bottles/tubes very carefully and found the one that maddy and wyndhy had mentioned. I hadn't gotten to the grocery store by then Lil, so I didn't try the Crisco. But, anyway...Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hands Essentials Moisturizing Lotion with Alpha Hydroxy, Vitimin E and Keratin..."hydrates hands and strengthens nails" jumped out at me. No other lotion mentioned nails on their label. It was reasonably priced, compared to some of the other ones, and the tube wasn't so big that if I didn't like it I would feel guilty throwing it away...lol!

Well, I forgot to use it the first night (Wed.)...duh...but I got a chance to start using it the next day...after all my chores were done and I knew I wouldn't be in water for a while. I used it again, before bed, that evening...and every day and night since. I had Thursday and Friday, and of course the weekend, off from work so I spoiled myself and gobbed the stuff on. Well, I gotta tell ya folks...it's made a world of difference. My hands are smooth (cept for the most severe places) and my cuticles and nails look fantastic! The lotion is so light and it's not greasy, that I may be able to sneak a small amount on even at work...if I'm not working with unfinished leather, that is.

By this time, every year, I am usually biting at the skin on my nails and picking off the pickery things and constantly complaining that my hands look like "man hands" (sorry guys...lol!). But, with the help of my family/friends, I've discovered a way to bare my hands with pride!

TY everyone! And, for those who have the problem I had...do try this stuff. It's amazing! I rarely have faith in product boasting (label claims made to grab your attention), but this product does what it says!

((((((everyone))))))

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 11-29-2004, 08:58 AM
~getting by~

I'm glad that you found something that's working for you. I think consistency is key! I have dry hands and bad cuticles in the winter as well, just not to the same degree, and I'm terribly inconsistent about treating my hands to some good lotion.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Sleepy Slut

Send a message via Yahoo to SuccubusKitty
Glad you found a solution to your dry hands and cuticles. If you can swing it. I used to constantly have splitting nails and I would end up biting them. I tried NutraNail...didn't work. Tried some other stuff, didn't work. Then I came across Sally Hansen's Nail Growth Miracle. WOOHOO! The stuff works like a charm. You have to apply it only every three days and from what you said your polish is off by then anyway so it's not a big deal. It keeps my nails from cracking and splitting and has actually even made them stronger. I love it. For the dry hands. I use any smell Bath and Body works BODY CREAM. I don't know why, it's not really for hands but the body but it works great and I love it. If you find yourself off work for a few days you might wanna try it as it can be a smidge greasy.
Lazy Evening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you can accept the universe as Matter expanding into Nothing, that is Something. After that, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. --unknown