Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2004, 10:49 AM

Terrified of turning 40 and losing appeal to a decade of women...

Hey all, hope you don't mind me revealing a worry that's been plaguing me.

I only just got my career back on track after a year, and I'm 36. I'm glad to report things are going well, and I'm free to start hunting again. I'm quite well-preserved - after a few good nights of sleep I can pass for 28 - I'm in good shape, and with my past in bodybuilding, will soon be in incredible shape.

Now...the biggest fear of my whole life, and I do mean biggest, is that when I turn 40 in 4 years, an entire decade of womanhood - arguably the most sought after - will turn their collective backs on me, unless I give them very good reason not to.

Now, a lot of people might say I already had my fair chance with Miss Twentysomething, and I should just move on and accept my age.Trouble is,
I started pretty much everything late in life - ask my friend Tess - and I don't want to feel railroaded into getting married in a couple of years, just to get my choice. I hardly played the field at all in my 20's, despite having girlfriends back then.

I'm a pretty big kid at heart, in the sweetest possible way, and despite my (alleged!) intelligence and accumulated wisdom, I still indulge in simple pleasures and laugh at the stuff that makes teenagers giggle. If I hang around with group of early 20-something guys in a bar, most of them have difficulty getting their heads around me being 36 ("But you're one of the lads!"). I'm my nieces favourite uncle, by far. I'm much more fun for her than my younger relatives.

I know it's immodest, but I truly have so much to offer a girl, but she'll never find out unless she gives me a chance. I look around, I can't see ANY couples where he's 40 and she's under 30. I feel everyone is just going to end up seeing me as some dirty old lothario who obssessively chases young girls using power and money as a lure. I happen to have some power, I happen to have more money, but using them as bait, instead of reassurance, is as alien to me as robbing a bank wearing a striped jumper and carrying a bag marked 'Swag'.

I don't know why I'm making jokes here, people. It makes me so sad, everyone. I always thought I had time, but time waits for nobody. The thought of nearly a generation of girls just saying, "Sorry!"...I'm dreading it.

Jaybee.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:36 PM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
if it makes u feel any better , back in my dating days i dated anyone between the ages of 25 tho 45 ....... i was 16 and up untill i meet my hubby . i always liked older men they seemed more grounded than the young ones...........

nikki
Old 09-20-2004, 12:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to huntersgirl
Not really sure why you would only want the 20 somethings, but whatever....
I was married in my mid 20's to a man 18+ years older, so it does happen. I will say though that as much as I didn't admit it then, the age difference can be a problem.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Never say never, but if you do it's okay to change your mind~me, I think
Old 09-20-2004, 01:28 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

It's no good worrying about it....ya gonna turn 40 eventually

Wait and see....it may not be as bad as you think its gonna be

While one door may close....another may open

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 09-20-2004, 05:31 PM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
I will admit that I have never had a clue what an older man (40's and up) sees in a 20 something "girl"...Personally, I am more attracted to someone that is in basically the same place in life I am, someone I can have a conversation with and not have to explain to them what or who I'm talking about.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:39 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Ummmmmm So you're saying that when women get over 40 they lose their sex appeal??????? LMAO! Boy have you got a lot to learn.
Darlin I'm fixin to hit 44 in 2 weeks. Do I look or act "OLD". I think not and neither will you if you take care of yourself. There's nuthin sexier to me than a mature middle aged man. Cause I know I won't have to train him.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:59 PM
I make sexytime with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirltease
Ummmmmm So you're saying that when women get over 40 they lose their sex appeal??????? LMAO! Boy have you got a lot to learn.
Darlin I'm fixin to hit 44 in 2 weeks. Do I look or act "OLD". I think not and neither will you if you take care of yourself. There's nuthin sexier to me than a mature middle aged man. Cause I know I won't have to train him.

You're 44?? I absolutely would never have guessed.

I see what you mean. I recently joined a singles site and JHCOAB, the criteria of many of these girls is impossible (at least for me). Early to mid 20s, nice car, money, tall, dark, handsome, good sense of humour, intelligent, likes travel. And they wonder where "all the good men are?" Then others - girls around my age - will describe themselves in ways that make me think perhaps there could be something there, and then say they're after 26 to 35 year olds. WTF? Is this really the way things work?

Sorry, carry on...
I want to do something that matters
Old 09-20-2004, 07:05 PM
~Imaginary lover~

You know what I've learned thru the years? The hottest sexiest guys usually don't have the mind to match. They are so stuck on themselves that they forget that other people have feelings too and they will be the first to cheat on you or be abusive. They aren't worth my time or my mental stability. I don't do head games.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

To hell with 40, wait until your 50. Let the good times roll.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:47 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow

YEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWW!!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Made in England

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow

ditto
Old 09-20-2004, 08:38 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
i've gotta echo the sentements of a few here. why does she NEED to be under 30? i'm curious what you believe the advantage of that is? not only are you foolishly limiting your chances to find the lasting love you claim to want, you are dissing an entire generation of sexy, smart, caring women! it always blows me away when people list the attributes most important in a lover/mate/so/whatever and NEVER mention the most important one...that they love you as much as you love them! try to lose this obsession you seem to have with a womans' age because, honey, someday she'll be over 30 and then what do you do? find a new one? we females are waaayyyy more than just a birthyear with a set of boobs.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:30 AM
Southern Belleified

You may get hit by the number 14 to Victoria Station on your 39th.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
i've gotta echo the sentements of a few here. why does she NEED to be under 30? i'm curious what you believe the advantage of that is? not only are you foolishly limiting your chances to find the lasting love you claim to want, you are dissing an entire generation of sexy, smart, caring women! it always blows me away when people list the attributes most important in a lover/mate/so/whatever and NEVER mention the most important one...that they love you as much as you love them! try to lose this obsession you seem to have with a womans' age because, honey, someday she'll be over 30 and then what do you do? find a new one? we females are waaayyyy more than just a birthyear with a set of boobs.

Hi,

I hope you weren't offended by my comments in any way, if so, I apologise. I come here to exchange information and make friends in the process. I hope I haven't jeopardised that process.

I'm not rejecting Miss 30Something, I'm worried about Miss 20-Something rejecting ME purely and solely because I'm a few years her senior. I'm not 'dissing' (a word that still hasn't made it's way across the pond) an entire generation, I'm worried about 20-somethings dissing ME.

I hope this puts your concerns at ease. Mine rage on, sadly.

Jaybee.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch22
You may get hit by the number 14 to Victoria Station on your 39th.

Well, that's if I live THAT long. I'll be on it later today...

Jaybee.