User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2004, 08:22 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Africa or South Africa

Needing a study buddy

I am working on a presentation on Africa or most likely South Africa for school. Was not wanting it to be the same old map, flag, encyclopedia type info. So far I have plans for them to make akara in class. If anyone that has lived there or lives there now has any ideas on a specific place, people, or cultural event, I should focus on or wants to be my guide please PM me or drop me ideas here! Thanks soooo much!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-29-2004, 08:36 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Check your PMs.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 01-29-2004, 08:43 AM

Lilith,

Permit me to suggest Liberia. As it is a West African country (bordered by Guinea, Cote d'Ivoire, and Sierra Leone), it has associations with the New World nations which East African countries lack. Additionally, Liberia was founded by repatriated American salves, so there is a special thread which can be explored (they are referred to as Americo-Liberians). Several of the city and town names in Liberia have American roots, so there is another connection.

Good luck.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:44 AM
Banned

The only South Africans I know are two completely different people. One is a gorgeous blonde (think of your stereotypical Aussie surfer boy) and the other is an Indian. A lot of Indians moved to South Africa. Gandhi lived there for a while. So, I'd suggest looking at the ethnic make-up, too.

Of course, Mandela is the most important person/event . . .
Old 01-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Always exploring

Send a message via Yahoo to Passion Please
Hi from the pixies very own South African...

There is so much which actually makes it really tough to do, but if I can help in any way shout. I am a white south african of irish descent way back to 1840's. I hope you enjoy putting the project together.

Good luck
Old 01-29-2004, 09:40 AM
is not this trim anymore!

If you're interested in the Ivory Coast, let me know.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:00 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Thanks everyone...you guys all have given me some good ideas and places to start. I knew I could count on you guys to help me get going!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-29-2004, 01:09 PM
is not this trim anymore!

It's the least we can do...after all, look how many times you've gotten us going.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Banned

You're on fire today, WI!
Old 01-29-2004, 01:25 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Actually, <----- was on fire about an hour or so ago. Or, at least, it felt like it.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 02-20-2004, 09:41 PM

Send a message via MSN to cabanah Send a message via Yahoo to cabanah
if you wanted to do one on zambia i was born there