Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
(((((((((((((osuche)))))))))))))

Big hugs to one of our newer members, whom I've just heard is going through a rather sad moment in life. It's not my place to provide details, so I won't. But I thought I'd offer my own sympathies, and allow others to do the same.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:23 AM
Huggable!

Thinking of ya osuche.

Keep your chin up.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:24 AM
<----Snappin' Pussy

*hugz*

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 08-07-2003, 03:25 AM
Just me.

Osuche, don't know what the problem is, but you have our very best wishes for everything to go well for you.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:24 AM
Learning to talk sexy

hugs and best wishes!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 05:13 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

osuche, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 08-07-2003, 05:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
osuche, you are in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Take care and have a big (((((((hug))))))))

Grumble
Old 08-07-2003, 05:51 AM
Everybody Stretch!

((((((((osuche))))))))))

To everything there is a time and purpose. I'm sending my best wishes and I hope all is well soon!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 08-07-2003, 07:11 AM
Loungin' Around

Thank you for the warm wishes, Dadaist, Teddy Bear, Sharniqua, dicksbro, fzzt, IAKG, Grumbleguts, and LixyChick. I needed them today.

A little information for the curious...my grandmother died Tuesday in a hospital in OH (USA). She came in with chest pains 11 days before...and caught blood poisoning, pneumonia, then had internal bleeding issues while in the hospital. She was even doing well on Sunday -- we were talking about checking her out of the hospital -- but things got bad really fast. She turned 83 the day before she died.

She was an amazing woman. Very strong and loving, and a living piece of history (more below). I loved her a lot, and this is a small tribute to her. I've put a little bit about her life below, for those who are interested in reading.

We spent today at the funeral home (planning the service -- which is Saturday with viewing on Friday) and at the church...including about an hour with one of the sisters and a priest ("briefing" them for the funeral). We sat and told stories...and I learned several things I never knew about Oma (grandmother in German)...including how she met Opa (grandfather), details of their escape from Yugoslavia, and how they made their way to the States. It was amazing...

Oma and Opa met in Jabuka in Yugoslavia. SHe was a Serb, and he is a Croatian. His family were farmers, and she was a city girl. They had a very unconventional romance (thier families disapproved) and courted for 3 years before they married.

Just as they married and settled down to have a life together, including having their first of two sons, WWII started and the Russians eventually occupied Yugoslavia.

They were placed in an internment camp when Russia occupied Yugoslavia, with all of their family. They worked until they were too tired or crippled to work anymore, then the Russians discposed of them. Oma's dad was forced to dig a hole and then shot into it after he couldn't work anymore. Oma's mom was placed in a ditch with water up to her chest and left there to die. Most of the rest of the family met similar fates -- and Oma and Opa got to walk by these places daily on their way to the fields.

They escaped the camp and walked to Austria, traveling at night, with a son (10, Hans, my stepfather) and a 1 year old child. They had no food most of the time. After several weeks, they arrived in Austria...where they were placed in a Catholic relief camp and got a weekly food ration and a job.

They were sponsored to come to the US by a farmer in IL. When they reached the States and the farm, Opa was put to work in the fields for 14 hours a day. The conditions were awful -- the farmer had no tools and had not worked the farm for a long time...he held Opa accountable for getting it into shape.

Eventually, Oma's brother (Josef), who had come to Mansfield, OH, about a year earlier, brought them to Mansfield and he started a career at Borden (14 years) followed by a career as a janitor at GM (for 20 years). Meanwhile Oma worked 10 hours per day as a cleaning lady for local doctors. She made 50 cents/hr plus a meal a day. After years of working, they raised two sons, sent one to college, own their home, have a fair bit of money in the bank, and have a good life. The American dream...arising out of a Russian nightmare. Amazing.

Oma, rest in peace. Your hard work and suffering is done.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 08-07-2003, 07:16 AM
Prince of Pervs

((((((((osuche)))))))))

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Sarcasm: It's not big and it's not clever...........but it's funny as fuck!

The Special One!
Old 08-07-2003, 07:39 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
((hugs)) I burried mine Monday.....I was more her daughter than her granddaughter. She is where the best parts of me came from. ((((osuche))))...if ya need to talk find me.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Huggable!

(((((osuche)))))
There is a special place in heaven for people like your Oma and her family.

((((( Lilith)))))
Its so hard to lose the ones we love.

Your both in my thoughts.
Take care.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:37 PM
Suprise Me

((((((((((osuche))))))))))

Your Oma lead an incredible life, how honored you must feel to be a part of such a strong woman.

((((((((((Lilith))))))))))
You honor your grandmother by being the person that you are...

Old 08-07-2003, 06:52 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
"The telling of the tale, honours the ears that hear" A quote from a book I'm reading just now...... and appropriate, I think, for what you two ladies have shared with us.

osuche, your oma and opa are amazing people..... I hope you can celebrate her life, rather than her passing.

Lilith, I knew you'd been to a funeral, but not whose it was.... I firmly believe that as we grow up, we are "shaped" by the people nearest to us.... with the little I know of YOU, your gran must have been a very special lady.

(((((HUGS))))) to you both.

DM
I only own my mind
Old 08-07-2003, 09:51 PM
yada, yada, yada

Send a message via Yahoo to darogle
My thoughts and sympathies are with you Osuche and Lilith. Consider yourselves hugged from a freind.