Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2003, 11:53 AM

Skipthisone,

That might depend on the particulars…

For example, the people seem not to have been better informed by the American and British intelligence services about the existence of Iraq’s WMDs.

Smarter? What about the defunding of therapeutic cloning? What about the on-going debate about the “theories” of Evolution and Creationism?

On balance, I suspect that humans are about the same now as they ever have been since they could be called humans. What changes over time is what they hold to be true.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:03 PM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
Quote:
Originally posted by jseal
For example, the people seem not to have been better informed by the American and British intelligence services about the existence of Iraq’s WMDs.

Smarter? What about the defunding of therapeutic cloning? What about the on-going debate about the “theories” of Evolution and Creationism?

I guess I am being optimistic about the people living today. On the 1st one, I think that everyone was very well informed and that we still are....but I wont get into that here.

The 2nd...that battle will go on forever as long as some have faith in one or the other. In one form or another it has gone on for the entire thinking life of this planet.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to joenj Send a message via Yahoo to joenj
I saw this awhile back and saved it. I think it says tons about the difference between now and many years ago.

According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who were kids in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's or even the early 80's, probably shouldn't have survived.

Our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paint. We had no childproof lids or locks on medicine bottles, doors, or cabinets, and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets. Not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat. We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle. Horrors! We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but we were never overweight because we were always outside playing. We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then rode down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem. We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the street lights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. No cell phones. Unthinkable!

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo 64, X-Boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, video tape movies, surround sound, personal cell phones, personal computers, or Internet chat rooms. We had friends! We went outside and found them.

We played dodge ball, and sometimes, the ball would really hurt. We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there were no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was to blame but us. Remember accidents?

We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and learned to get over it. We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out any eyes. We rode bikes or walked to a friend's home and knocked on the door, or rang the bell or just walked in and talked to them. Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Some students weren't as smart as others, so they failed a grade and were held back to repeat the same grade. Horrors! Tests were not adjusted for any reason. Our actions were our own. Consequences were expected. The idea of parents bailing us out if we got in trouble in school or broke a law was unheard of. They actually sided with the school or the law. Imagine that!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers, and inventors, ever. We had freedom, failure, success, and responsibility --- and we learned how to deal with it. And you're one of them! Congratulations.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:07 PM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
Still love that joenj...(I think Irish posted that sometime before..you are thinking like Irish now )....is still good.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:07 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Re: Does it ever end?

Quote:
Originally posted by Irish
Does it ever end?

apparently not~rotflmao

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-23-2003, 12:45 PM

Lilith,

The reason that this and all public forums exist is that it never does.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:46 PM

Gentlefolk,

...which is why we keep returning.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

Okay... here goes (SS.. I promised last night to be kind, but that was last night. LOL)

From what I have read (with the exception of the boards that cater to the Dixie Bitches) the majority of Americans feel as I do regarding them... they aren't worthy of my money, my time, or my admiration.... I reserve my right to use direct those things to people who really deserve it.

Just as it was Ms. Maines choice to exercise her right to Free speech, it is also my right to completely disagree with her and boycott her and anything that she is remotely involved in. I will not line her pockets, will not encourage her self esteem, will not in any way have her profit from my exsistence.

I still do not agree with what Ms. Maines did in Germany... I still believe very strongly that by doing so she proved her self to be a coward unable and unwilling to express herself within reach of those she slandered or those who would disagree with her. She would have never had the balls to do such a thing in the united states. Want proof of that? The events of the other night should be proof enough. Not only did they choose not to appear at the awards show, but then they chose to make a statement once again slandering someone else and far enough removed where they were not in any jeopardy.

The actions of Ms. Maines the other night just solidifies the opinion of those like me who truly can't stand her. Any chance that she thought she had after her completely fake "apology" is once and for all gone.

As for Mr. Keith, as I stated above, I have never been a huge fan of his. I can say tho, that over the past 2 years, that has slowly begun to change. Why? Because he is a man who speaks his mind, who supports our Country (and everything it stands for), supports our troops, and is a wonderful talent.

Yes, it can be said that Ms. Maines is only guilty of speaking her mind as well. The difference? Simple... Ms. Maines doesn't give a rats ass as to who will be injured by the crap she spews... Mr. Keith obviously does. Do you really think that leaving the award show early prior to getting some much deserved recognition was easy for him? HELL NO!!! But without a doubt in my mind he knew that taking the chance of getting that mic again and tarnishing the night for everyone else was too great a risk. Sorry but his leaving only showed that he respects not only his fellow entertainers but also the fans and the award show.

Dixie Chicks Be GONE!!!

As for Jane Fonda... she is far from a national treasure... a national disgrace she will be... she will not be remembered for her acting.. for her money.. for anything she has done on this earth expect for the traitor that she will always be... what a great legacy to have...
Old 05-25-2003, 11:54 PM
HornDawg Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to quisath Send a message via Yahoo to quisath
I have no problem with Free Speech and Natalie can say whatever she wants as a Free American.

But my right as a Free American I choose to NOT waste my Hard earned Money on anything the Dipsy Chicks have to sell. The little stunt the other night was uncalled for. I like true Patriots..................Toby is a Prime example of what American needs more of. I know you remember this one Irish............ "AMERICA............LOVE IT or LEAVE IT"