Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2002, 09:27 AM
<----Snappin' Pussy

How did we survive..

Those of us who are old enough ---will really appreciate the following:

Looking back, it's hard to believe that we have lived as long as we have. As children we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

Our baby cribs were painted with bright colored lead based paint. We often chewed on the crib, ingesting the paint.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors, or cabinets, and when we rode our bikes we had no helmets.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach us all day.

We played dodge ball and sometimes the ball would really hurt. We played with toy guns, cowboys and Indians, army, cops and robbers, and used our fingers to simulate guns when the toy ones or the BB gun was not available.

We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank sugar soda, but we were never overweight; we were always outside playing.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't, had to learn to deal with disappointment.

Some students weren't as smart as others or didn't work hard so they failed a grade and were held back to repeat the same grade. That generation produced some of the greatest risk-takers and problem solvers. We had the freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

Almost all of us would have rather gone swimming in the lake instead of a pristine pool (talk about boring), the term cell phone would have conjured up a phone in a jail cell, and a pager was the school PA system.

We all took gym, not PE ... and risked permanent injury with a pair of high top Ked's (only worn in gym) instead of having cross-training athletic shoes with air cushion soles and built in light reflectors. I can't recall any injuries but they must have happened because they tell us how much safer we are now. Flunking gym was not an option ... even for stupid kids! I guess PE must be much harder than gym.

Every year, someone taught the whole school a lesson by running in the halls with leather soles on linoleum tile and hitting the wet spot. How much better off would we be today if we only knew we could have sued the school system.

Speaking of school, we all said prayers and the pledge (amazing we aren't all brain dead from that), and staying in detention after school caught all sorts of negative attention for about the next two weeks. We must have had horribly damaged psyches.

Schools didn't offer 14 year olds an abortion or condoms (we wouldn't have known what either was anyway) but they did give us a couple of baby aspirin and cough syrup if we started getting the sniffles. What an archaic health system we had then Remember school nurses? Ours wore a hat and everything.

I thought that I was supposed to accomplish something before I was allowed to be proud of myself.

I just can't recall how bored we were without computers, PlayStation, Nintendo, X-box or 270 digital cable stations.

I must be repressing that memory as I try to rationalize through the denial of the dangers could have befallen us as we trekked off each day about a mile down the road to some guy's vacant lot, built forts out of branches and pieces of plywood, made trails, and fought over who got to be the Lone Ranger.

What was that property owner thinking, letting us play on that lot? He should have been locked up for not putting up a fence around the property, complete with a self-closing gate and an infrared intruder alarm. Oh yeah ... and where was the Benadryl and sterilization kit when I got that bee sting? I could have been killed!

We played king of the hill on piles of gravel left on vacant construction sites and when we got hurt, Mom pulled out the 48 cent bottle of mercurochrome and then we got butt-whooped. Now it's a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10-day dose of a $49 bottle of antibiotics and then Mom calls the attorney to sue the contractor for leaving a horribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat.

We didn't act up at the neighbor's house either because if we did, we got butt-whooped (physical abuse) there too ... and then we got butt-whooped again when we got home.

Mom invited the door to door salesman inside for coffee, kids choked down the dust from the gravel driveway while playing with Tonka trucks (remember why Tonka trucks were made tough ... it wasn't so that they could take the rough berber in the family room), and Dad drove a car with leaded gas.

Our music had to be left inside when we went out to play and I am sure that I nearly exhausted my imagination a couple of times when we went on two week vacations. I should probably sue the folks now for the danger they put us in when we all slept in campgrounds in the family tent.

Summers were spent behind the push lawnmower and I didn't even know that mowers came with motors until I was 13 and we got one without an automatic blade-stop or an auto-drive. How sick were my parents?

Of course my parents weren't the only psychos. I recall Donny Reynolds from next door coming over and doing his tricks on the front stoop just before he fell off. Little did his Mom know that she could have owned our house. Instead she pick him up and swatted him for being such a goof. It was a neighborhood run amuck.

To top it off, not a single person I knew had ever been told that they were from a dysfunctional family. How could we possibly have known that we needed to get into group therapy and anger management classes? We were obviously so duped by so many societal ills, that we didn't even notice that the entire country wasn't taking Prozac!

HOW DID WE SURVIVE ??

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 12-28-2002, 09:32 AM
Wildland Fire Fighter

Damn that is good....
and a hell of a question.
HOW DID WE SURVIVE ??

Pixie's Wildland Fire Fighter
Find'em HOT and Leave'em WET!
Old 12-28-2002, 11:06 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Thumbs up Ying & Yang-

The well intended ignorant and the lawyers.

OMG- The first dozen years of my life in a nut shell. If I can ever stop laughing, I’m going to call Irish and tell him about this.

I’m even going to tell Jenna about it. LMAO

Thanks Sharni.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 12-28-2002, 12:49 PM
Muff Diver extrodinare

Send a message via ICQ to Wombat
Thumbs up

I remember that place , , that's where I grew up

Old 12-28-2002, 01:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
When I was 15,I had eight grass cutting jobs,in my neighborhood
not counting my parents lawn.
When the local cops saw me doing something wrong,they would
kick my ass,because they went to school with my father or had been cops with him.They knew that he would rather them do that
then have me get a record.Plus,then he would kick it again,when I
got home!
I didn't have detention much.I told them that I couldn't go,because I had to see my Juvenile Probation Officer!
NORMAL girls didn't perform oral intercourse or masturbate because only DIRTY girls did that.
You were the only male that masturbated!
My wife&I were kidding one day that my grandson puts more
protective stuff on(to ride his bycicle(sp?)then I used to,to ride my
motorcycle.You wore a helmet when racing motorcycles,because it
was mandatory!
Thanks to pantyfanatic,for making me aware of this thread,altho
I don't know how we survived! Irish
P.S.My buddy,got kicked out of basic training,because his pupil was V'd from a BB gun fight,when we were kids.(Cowboys&Indians?)
Old 12-28-2002, 02:32 PM
Just want to enjoy life!

That was back when life was alot simpler and people respected each other and other peoples property. I think most of it has to do with lack of dicipline, they teach the kids now that if you touch them to dicipline them that it is child abuse. There is a differance. The way I was diciplined when I was a kid, is now called abuse. But I was taught respect, hard work, honesty and what family was. Today it seems like the thought pattern is I'll do what I want and you had better let me or else. There is no respect left anymore, for themselves or others. As an ex-employer I found it very hard to find anyone who knew what a job really was, all they wanted was a paycheck for doing nothing.The worst part is it will only get worse I'm affraid.

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
E. E. Cummings

My Pictures

Picture requests

As Promised
Old 12-28-2002, 02:43 PM
Just me.

Great question.

Can't believe I ever did it, but one time as a boy up in Minnesota, some friends and I crossed a railway bridge across the Mississippi and I didn't even know how to swim. Hmmmm.

Thank heavens we made it and I never did do that again. Thank heavens. I may never have found Pixies!!
Old 12-28-2002, 04:28 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

LMAO.... it is amazing that we survived... but life so sooo much simpilier then.... or so society would want us to believe... the evolution of people is supposed to make life easier.. not harder..

Oh well..

And thanks PF for the heads up on the exsistence of the thread.. and what EXACTLY do you mean that I "help keep our balance here"........ LOL.. does that mean I am a stick in the mud? :P
Old 12-28-2002, 06:49 PM
Member of weird club

I remember getting spanked quite a bit and I think I turned out fine. Now you have time outs. So you kill someone give them a timeout and everything well be fine. Or when you listened to "RECORDS" on your portable record player. I try to instill respect for others and themselves into my kids. Growing up playing tackle football in the church yard no pads, more broken bones, torn clothes and we have survived. Thanks for the rant.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:15 PM
Unusually Curious

I was not brought up! I was kicked in the guts and TOLD to get up!

and I have the moral ethics to prove it

Behind me is a Woman rolling her eye's!

The only opinion about me that matters is the one I have of myself
Old 12-28-2002, 09:21 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Exclamation My dear Jenna, I meant “EXACTLY” that…

Quote:
…..and what EXACTLY do you mean that I "help keep our balance here".....

…with my buddy Irish on one side of me, and you on the other, …..my perception says that you two just might approach the same issue from slightly different directions. For some odd reason, I envision you laying a sprocket chain over the belt wrapped around your fist as readily as hearing Irish:redghost: quoting Sigmund Freud and Benjamin Spock while discussing a point of contention. So thanks again for the “balance” from THIS perspective.
Quote:
..... the evolution of people is supposed to make life easier.. not harder…..

I, ME, SELF, believes that it’s the development of “technology” that’s suppose to make life easier. The problem is that it’s in the hands of “people”. We’ve hardly been touched by evolution as a species. We are the same despicable, vile, loathsome creature that crawled out of the slime :fly: four million years ago to which the global social and cultural environment that we’ve developed attest.
Quote:
…..but life [was] sooo much simpilier then.... or so society would want us to believe.…..

I do agree with you totally. And YES, ignorance WAS BLISS!

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Old 12-28-2002, 09:23 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Geez- That rant DOES feel good.

Old 12-28-2002, 11:34 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

LMAO @ PF....

too funny... the image you have of me is sooooo wrong... hehehehe.. well.. sorta
Old 12-29-2002, 01:21 AM
Booger Lama

the question isn't How did we survive the real question is how will we survive when these kids who grew up in a world that was padded and nothing was ever there fault take over

it's not the orgasm but getting there thats fun

a shot in the bush is worth two in the hand

whip me, beat me, tie me up, break my arm, but please don't break my heart

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid people are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell
Old 12-29-2002, 01:53 AM
Serious Member

Sharni I'll vote for you. Or set up the UK branch.

But nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Who changed the way we were? Wasn't it us and our parents? I do everything I can to preserve a childhood as described for my kids, but it seems that people just can't leave anything alone.

Meddling bureaucrats and lunatic capitalists. Maybe there should be a definition for the pursuit of happiness, before the wrong one fucks us all.

Madam, if you were my wife, I would take it.