Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2005, 11:48 PM
...that's Mrs. She-Devil

Send a message via Yahoo to Callie691
I generally have the same nick everywhere i go. I think it is the same as when people have a whole bunch of eamil addresses. It is stupid, I have two one that is for family ot email me, so i know when and important message comes. The other one is for subscriptions like to pixies and my DnD site and for junk mail from game sites. Yknow?

My hubby is ridiculous he has something like 5 that i know of and frequently forgets the passwords. and most he only checks like once every six months. Pisses me off especially when i dont know which one he is regularly checking. If i want him to know somethign within two days, i have to eamil him at work!! Absolutely ridiculous!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Manwhore

I have a few different nicks... and I rarely use any other besides Aqua. The other ones I do have are for the SOLE purpose of amusement. I don't wanna give away more than that... 'twould spoil the fun. I think one of them has posts in but one thread... being specifically created for the thread in question. As far as people using an ALT to stir shit up and or back up a point they already made with another nick... I'll borrow a quote from John Winger... "I think it sucks."

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 07-18-2005, 12:11 AM
Negotiator

So Lilith, ya want I should, ya know, lean on anyone for ya? Just say da word and dey gonna be sleeping with da fishes. You run an okay joint here, and I hate ta see that anyone is causing ya grief.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:08 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
...we won’t figure it out.:grin:

speak for yourself.......

i changed my mind, my new alt will be naive&gullible

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 07-18-2005, 12:21 PM
is not this trim anymore!

The previous forum I frequented did not have moderators, and people were able to post under any name they chose to do so. Once the a**holes discovered our little haven , it didn't take long for the flames to consume the forum. Now they have mods and require people to register...but it's too late. I can see the benefits of having an unknown identity, but like in real life, anonymity can be troublesome if one chooses to make it so.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:33 PM

It's like anything in this world, I guess. It's a tool, you can use it or abuse it. Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing depends entirely on the intent of the person in question.

Gotta say, people who think that use an Alt to stir things up or sneak in the back door after stomping out the front never seem to be as clever as they'd like to believe.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Registered Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
So Lilith, ya want I should, ya know, lean on anyone for ya? Just say da word and dey gonna be sleeping with da fishes. You run an okay joint here, and I hate ta see that anyone is causing ya grief.

OMG LMAO!!

Some good points already brought up here on why people occasionally resort to using alternate names. For me it boiled down to a stalking issue (on other boards, not here!) and I changed my name to get away from my "fans".

IMHO there are very acceptable and appropriate ways and reasons for using ALT names but never to bash or hurt others or cause trouble on a website. That's just not right.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Suprise Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido

:fishy: :fishy:

Old 07-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Unbalanced Libra

Send a message via AIM to Dubblz Send a message via Yahoo to Dubblz
I use one nick..Too freakin old to remember too many.Hell,if I didn't get mail,and phone calls,I wouldn't remember my own name,lol..
Old 07-18-2005, 07:17 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

I have to check my dog tags to be sure who I am. :wobble:

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 07-18-2005, 07:51 PM
~getting by~

I frequent an IRC channel and have tried to log on under other names when I want to lurk about and only speak to certain people but it doesn't take long in a small community to develop a known "voice" or manner of speaking and people can pick me out from first type.