Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   This next week... (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32486)

Neige 02-11-2008 12:40 AM

This next week...

I am going to try to make lots of new things!!! I've been reading food blogs for the past couple weeks, and I love it. I'm finding so many good ideas! And I just love the photos... Everything looks so good!!! (I'm the girl with the huge collection of drink recipes books - I just love the photos of the pretty glasses and all the colourful drinks and garnishes!!!!!!)

In the next week, I wanna make the following things :

Brioche

Meyer lemon posset (if I can find a Meyer lemon)

Sweet beet ice cream

Poached egg with basil and Meyer lemon confit

Now that last one sounds simple but I want to try it because, believe it or not, I've never poached an egg. The lemon confit also sounds delicious...

Oldfart 02-11-2008 03:25 AM

Careful girl, or Mrs OF'll be on your doorstep offering to be your stunt taster.

Lilith 02-11-2008 05:18 AM

We get meyer's lemons. My dad used to have a tree. I love brioche and poached eggs :D

jseal 02-11-2008 07:13 AM

Neige,

Just by looking at those pictures I gained back one of the two pounds I lost last week! :yikes:

mayhem1978 02-11-2008 08:36 AM

Can I come over and be chief taste tester???

Booger 02-11-2008 08:53 AM

Good I see you have some people who are willing to help you eat all that. Neige I was starting to worry your next picture thread would have to be taken with a wide angle lens.

gekkogecko 02-11-2008 09:40 AM

Beet ice cream? Well, at least the beets aren't pickled.

Neige 02-11-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger
Good I see you have some people who are willing to help you eat all that. Neige I was starting to worry your next picture thread would have to be taken with a wide angle lens.

:rofl:

I'm hoping to share the brioche with the folks from my lab!

And gekkogecko, when I showed my mom the ice cream, she said, "You're not actually going to make that, are you???" :rofl:

scotzoidman 02-11-2008 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neige
if I can find a Meyer lemon

Like this?

IowaMan 02-11-2008 01:08 PM

Not really sure how good beet ice cream sounds but everything else looks great! I just realized that I've never poached an egg either. :yikes:

wyndhy 02-11-2008 05:34 PM

neige the 'naked archaeologist' chef de cuisine. ;):D

have you ever considered studies in nutritional anthropology?

PantyFanatic 02-11-2008 06:04 PM

^^^ That'll work! :tongue:

Neige 02-11-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
have you ever considered studies in nutritional anthropology?

I have actually!!!!! Even nutritional archaeology! But there's not much money (or maybe I should say, even less money) that goes to that type of research, so while it's definitely something I love to read about, I don't think it's something that would be practical of me to specialize in.

Neige 02-11-2008 09:41 PM

Well, my ice cream just went into the freezer, and the brioche dough is rising. I wonder if I used too much beet for the ice cream, because the colour is a much deeper pink/red than in the pic in the first post...

Lilith 02-11-2008 10:03 PM

I think you used wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much beets :p