Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2002, 06:34 PM
the Lusty Wench

What would you take with you?

OK - here's my attempt -

Your place is burning/collapsing (whatever) - you've already got all the people, pets and pictures out ..... you have time to grab 1 more thing .... what do you treasure enough for it to be?

For me .... Its strange .... I have this real hand embroidered Kimono my dad brought back after the war for my mom ... I think that's what I'd grab.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:01 PM
Devilishly kinky member

Send a message via Yahoo to Devillishgirl
I would take my jewlery box..because it contains the jewlery I inherited from my grandmother that passed away last summer.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:37 PM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
My signed first edition Stephen Kings, I have 9 of them
Old 07-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Texan extraordinare

Is your purse/wallet/briefcase included in what you already taken out?

If not thats what I would bring...if it is i would try to get my computer out :-P

Old 07-24-2002, 08:50 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Clint Send a message via AIM to Clint Send a message via Yahoo to Clint
Is it okay to leave people in the house? If so, I would substitute my room-mate for a tooth-pick
Old 07-24-2002, 11:23 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Gotta be 2 things, my matching '64 Fender Strat & P-Bass...plus the rocker my mother left me, been in the family too long...man, that's 3 things...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 07-25-2002, 05:22 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Having lived thru 2 housefires, I know getting back in to retrieve ANYTHING is nearly impossible, but I'll play along anyway.........

If I had already made sure my family and pets were safe, and had rescued all our photographs I guess I'd have to save my computer. But only because of all the important (to me) data that I have saved on it. All my favorite family recipes are on it as well as all the family history I've researched since 1983. I'd never be able to duplicate all of the information.

I really can't do just one.....
I'd also have to save all my records....that's RECORDS, not CD's....
I've got close to 400 albums and close to 300 45's. Collection goes back to 1959 and probably irreplaceable.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 07-25-2002, 09:46 AM
Cynic Emeritus

Not being much of a collector, I would probably want to make sure I got out all of my financial papers (investments, mortgage, bank statements).
There's insurance for everything else but it would be sad to see the house that we watched being built from just a piece of dirt to our dream house and major investment turned back into dust.

CK

"Women, you can't live with them ... pass the beer nuts." - Norm Peterson (George Wednt) on Cheers

"Sometimes you just have to say, what the fuck." - Tom Cruise in Risky Business

"It tastes so good. Once it hits your lips." - Frank the Tank in Old School
Old 07-25-2002, 11:25 AM
the Lusty Wench

thanks for all the great answers everyone ... of course I've got to change my mind now cause I totally spaced the chair that is MY MOST prized possession .... probably not much actual value, but it is the sole remaining dining room chair from 12 that belonged to my Great Grandmother in the mid 1800's .... it has this really cool hand carving done on the top piece of the back of the chair.

And I wasn't trying to depress anyone, sometimes I ask myself questions just to make sure I'm still on track with choices I'm making and what my priorities are. .... thanks again
Old 07-25-2002, 12:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Clint Send a message via AIM to Clint Send a message via Yahoo to Clint
Okay, I'll be serious now ........If I was in that situation and I had already gotten out my loved one, photos, and pets, I would have to take the one thing that means the most to me...............

All of my school stuff. *LOL* I know, I know, but education is important to me *LOL*........maybe a little too important if it's on my mind while my home is going up in flames
Old 07-25-2002, 05:52 PM
Pixies Prodigal Bard

Send a message via Yahoo to Murphy
I'd have to grab my laptop under one arm and my safe under the other - both contain EVERYTHING I need to replace everything else. Like Coach, I built my house from the drawing board up. The "as built" plans are on disc in the "fireproof" safe, as well as the insurance and mortgage papers. The laptop weighs nothing, but the small safe weighs about 50 lbs! If Possible I'd try to grab my 12-string too, but that can always be replaced.

The best thing about taking a vacation, is all the heartfelt huggs received upon your return. - Murphy

"The more you love, the more you CAN love. There's no limit to how much you can love - or how many" Lazarus Long in "Time Enough for Love" - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 07-25-2002, 06:38 PM
Show me your tits

Send a message via AIM to pje
All my important stuff is in a fireproof box and all the furniture and things of that nature is covered through insurance so i would say something that you cant replace like my signed high school yearbooks.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:06 PM
~figment of imagination~

The thing I would go back in to grab (if even at all) would probably be a change of clothes.

I would already have my treasures out (kids, husband, pictures, pets). My insurance/mortgage/stockcertificates/savings bonds/car titles/birth certificates are already in a safety deposit box. I even have some copies of these things at my mother's house. Don't get me wrong I would miss lots of the cool pieces of furniture (that would be hard to replace-due to rarity).
-Summer
Old 07-27-2002, 01:41 PM
Seductress

My battery operated toothbrush........omg.....how damn selfish of me..............

hmmmmmmm on second thoughts.......my hand bag......(which of course will have the toothbrush in it)

"In love there are no rules".......Bono
Old 07-28-2002, 03:16 AM

i would try to get my first printing of "for wom the bell tolls" but seeing as its so small i would grab my claymore and daisho (ya know with tha katana, wakasashi (sp?) and tanto, if the roof wasnt falling yet i would grab full robes and *try* to get my magic cards out (yeah its dorky to still have some but they mean alot to me, and to other ppl willing to buy them ) OMGs i would grab my wallet!!!! it has spares for my car and the van, that way i could at least get away before the fire reached the ammo i have (and the fire works)