Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2005, 06:27 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Guess that answers that

and musicman...I lurv Vegas. Did you win me anything?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Suprise Me

Anyone else happy to see J.D. in the preview of the bottom 3 last night? (Secretly hoping he stays there) I thought Marty did an excellent job last night - MiG and Jordis seemed to be strained a little though, but Suzie really rocked Queen!

Old 08-31-2005, 07:54 PM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
Amen Sister! I'm hoping JD sees the Long and Winding Road LOL

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 08-31-2005, 09:17 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Spoiler

I was really unhappy to hear Ty's remarks. boy I can't wait to see sunday on VH1...looks like they are done putting up with JD's shit. I thought Jordis was a gonner. I love her but she lacks self-esteem, professionalism, and has trouble with grace under pressure. That being said, I still want Aqua to have my baby with her.

I'm wondering if these guys are held to any contractual obligations post show. Does anyone know? I would think that there are 982475754764578156 bands trying to scoop these singers up.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-31-2005, 10:00 PM

I was disappointed in ty's remarks too - he wasn't off or in the bottom 3 for any other reason than he shouldn't be there - he's not right for the band...

Agree about Jordis, love her and her voice but she seems to be lacking the confidence she had earlier in the series....

I doubt they have any contractual obligations just due to the nature of the show

Don’t let the hardship of the past, take away from the joy of the present
Old 08-31-2005, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Guess that answers that

and musicman...I lurv Vegas. Did you win me anything?

I didn't win me anything - answer your question bout you Lil? Sorry babe!

Don’t let the hardship of the past, take away from the joy of the present
Old 08-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Suprise Me

I thought the same thing Lil.. I was upset to hear an inference towards race.. I get tired of things ending up like that.. gender, race, sexual preference.. how about - you just aren't right for our band and leave it at that? Dunno...

I also agree about J.D. I think he will be gone soon.. I have a feeling that the guys are seeing through his kiss ass stuff - he isn't genuine to me at all. I haven't heard about any contractual obligations - I would think if bands didn't want them (not sure why they wouldn't) that who is left will be able to strike out on their own in some way.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Learning to talk sexy

I thought I heard on one of the shows that the "payoff" for the winner includes them laying down the tracks on the new album and touring with the band for 1 year. I could be wrong though.

It was time for Ty to go tonight ... and as others have said .... I was very disappointed with his comments about "we all know why he's been in the bottom 3" ... wah, wah, wah! I think the INXS guys were right that none of the 3 from tonight did a particularly great presentation ... I think if Ty had done so and the other 2 hadn't, he still would have been there ... I think they have been making there choices as they should, based first on their overall performance for that evening and then all things being relatively equal, who is the one that fits their band the least ...

I also think that from this point on ... who ends up in the bottom 3 each week won't have that much to do with their performance that week ... ALL of them are excellent performers and unless someone has a really OFF night, their performances are all likely to be excellent.

having said all that .... my wish for the final FINAL top 3 ... Mig, Jordis and JD or Mig, Suzie and JD .... I'm not a fan of Marty at all ... even with his "softer" sound of this past week .... he just spends too much time screaming instead of singing .... and then there's that (previously mentioned by me) psychotic thing! LOL!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 04:48 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzzy
I'm not a fan of Marty at all ... even with his "softer" sound of this past week .... he just spends too much time screaming instead of singing .... and then there's that (previously mentioned by me) psychotic thing! LOL!!!

Which is of course why I adore him

I agree that, globally even, blacks, people of African descent, are under-respresented in the world of rock. Rock being the key work. I did not find Ty to be a true ROCK singer and I consider INXS on the POP fringe anyway. If Ty's claim is a lack of support from the typical rock fan base, then he can't blame his color, because good performers of all races have been accepted in Rock, when they have chosen to enter that arena (Lenny Kravitz for one). If his bitch was that he wished ROCK had a larger black fan base, I see his point. But I think it is inaccurate to say that the lack of a black rock fan base is due to ROCK's unacceptance of black performers. It was a cop out to me.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 09-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Manwhore

I was wondering if you guys would be as disappointed in Ty's remarks as I was. It's basically come down to the fact that people have pretty much chosen who they want to win the whole shebang (for the most part) and are voting as such instead of on performance.

Two people that I was watching the show with last night both commented about Jordis having a lack of self-esteem. I was to busy thinking of different ways I could remove her clothing.

I couldn't believe JD whining about Suzie saying that he was in the studio a long time. Dude didn't prepare and he WAS in there a long time. WTF is this 'You had no right to say that' crap? Then he gave a very lackluster performance and I think if Ty hadn't messed up on the words slightly in the song it could very well have been JD going home.

Marty did a bit of his 'scary conductor' thing in his encore and he does get a little psychotic, but he has really changed my thinking with his performances as I didn't care for him much at all when I first saw him, what, 5 weeks ago. Now I'm leaning toward him winning it. He's very expressive and I dig that.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
I agree Ty's remarks were uncalled for but probably the result of being extremely disappointed. The dude has talent, he'll find a band I have no doubt. I can almost see any of the remaining vocalists winning it. I'm sure it's all up to the band and what they're looking for. Marty's talented too but from my perspective it's a narrower range than Suzie, Mig or Jordis. I tend to lean toward Jordis simply because she's young and can develop into whatever she puts her mind to. Suzie's powerful and driven and could easily do the same thing. I can't wait to see who gets it and I'm enjoying the shaow as it goes along.. I'm betting JD's asskissing has gotten old and he'll be the next one with a bus ticket home. If Aqua's going to claim Jordis, I'll take Suzie or if Brooke's not too busy she's a peach too.

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 09-04-2005, 07:45 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

OMG the VH1 show was wild. Aqua must have been in heaven

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 09-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Wishful Thinker

Damn I don't have VH1... I hate I missed it

Old 09-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Manwhore

I don't have VH1 either... but I did find this...

Star Search 4

It appears this isn't her first such competition.

/me goes off to look for bootleg VH1 Jordis footage...

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 09-06-2005, 10:10 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

One word~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> Marty

no, two words ~~~~~~~~~~~scary conductor

~>My Scribbles<~