Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2003, 01:31 AM
Booger Lama

a good mob fest with god father 1 2 and 3, good fellas and more

maybe a debbie dose fest with debbie dose dallas debbie dose dish and I think there are a few more

it's not the orgasm but getting there thats fun

a shot in the bush is worth two in the hand

whip me, beat me, tie me up, break my arm, but please don't break my heart

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid people are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell
Old 07-12-2003, 07:15 PM
yada, yada, yada

Send a message via Yahoo to darogle
Once Episode 3 comes out, I would like to do an all day viewing of the Star Wars saga. I'd love to see them back to back on the big screen.

As far as at home, several ideas come to mind...

Mel Brooks fest (Blazing Saddles, History of the World Part 1, Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety)

Monty Python fest

Stanley Kubrick fest (Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, AI, The Shining)

War Flick Fest (Platoon, We Were Soldiers, Full Metal Jacket, Hamburger Hill, Thin Red Line)

ect, ect, ect...
Old 07-13-2003, 12:09 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I am adding Footloose to my feel good musicals list!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-13-2003, 09:04 PM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
Barnes and Noble had the SE of the original La Femme Nikita at 15% off, plus another 10% with a Readers Advantage card, so I've added that to my collection.
Anyone want a copy of the older version of the same movie on DVD (without bonuses?) Region 1, NTSC, Widescreen.

If so, PM me, we'll negotiate (don't worry I won't ask for much, like maybe just pay for postage).
Old 07-13-2003, 09:05 PM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
Oh and I'll also add the Indiana Jones trilogy once that DVD box set is out this November.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlueSwede Send a message via Yahoo to BlueSwede
In addition to many that were already mentioned, and in no particular order, as well as just off the top of my head: The Matrix, Quigley Down Under, A Taxing Woman, A Taxing Woman Returns, Kundun, Whale Rider, Bend It Like Beckham, A Monsoon Wedding, Overboard, Tortilla Soup, American Graffiti, Yellow Submarine, Big Eden, Frequency (DVD only, w/the extra material), Powwow Highway, and Surviving the Game.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:31 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Have all the Highlander movies on vhs and see that the TV series is coming out on DVD, all of the Star Trek movies(vhs), would like to see boxed set of all six Star Wars movies.

TY Shari for tip on Two Towers Extended being on prerelease
Old 07-14-2003, 08:01 PM
Wanting More

Austin Powers 1 & 2 (don't even go there about #3)
Ferris Bueller
Princess Bride
Notting Hill
Some of John Travolta's good movies
Legally Blonde
National Lampoons Vacations
Sleeping Beauty (need to buy the SE DVD coming out, I wore out 2 VHS copies of this as a kid, and 1 copy of Cinderella)
Save the Last Dance
Grumpy Old Men
Grumpier Old Men

Those are just a few I can think of off-hand

Old 07-14-2003, 08:08 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Mine would be an action theme night .....

True Lies
Erasure
Mummy
Mummy 2 (the Brandon Frasier ones)
Lara Croft

Or .... Hitchcock movies ....

(NOT including Psycho or the Birds)
Trouble with Harry
Rear Window
Vertigo
Charade
Old 07-14-2003, 10:56 PM
here and there

Quote:
Originally posted by dadaist
Oh and I'll also add the Indiana Jones trilogy once that DVD box set is out this November.

About time that Lucas got off his high DIVX horse and realeased those into the DVD realm (prick!).

Anyhow... a movie fest would have to be at home with DVD and 5.1 dolby sound (yup, have that in the apartment)... not yet TXH certified gear but that will wait until there is a house to put it in.

Now for the movies:

- Hunt for Red October
- Saving Private Ryan
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- We Were Soldiers
- Glory

and then for the real die hards that wanted to spend the week I would show the "From Earth to Moon" series followed by the "Band of Brothers" series.

And if for some reason the TV series "The Black Sheep Squadron" ever gets released to DVD that would be added in as well.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:00 PM
Am I really here?

Quote:
Originally posted by MilkToast
About time that Lucas got off his high DIVX horse and realeased those into the DVD realm (prick!).
<snip>

There's an article about the box set it the newest issue of the Star Wars Fan Club magazine. The claim is that Lucas and Spielberg didn't have the time they really wanted to be able to devote to the project until recently. There's also some previews of what'll be included.

Now if we could just get him to see reason about putting the original AND special edition star wars releases onto DVD. You'd think the simplest reason would be - if he doesn't someone WILL, in a pirate version, because the demand is out there. So why shouldn't he do it and get all the credit?
Old 07-14-2003, 11:14 PM
here and there

Quote:
Originally posted by dadaist
There's an article about the box set it the newest issue of the Star Wars Fan Club magazine. The claim is that Lucas and Spielberg didn't have the time they really wanted to be able to devote to the project until recently. There's also some previews of what'll be included.

Now if we could just get him to see reason about putting the original AND special edition star wars releases onto DVD. You'd think the simplest reason would be - if he doesn't someone WILL, in a pirate version, because the demand is out there. So why shouldn't he do it and get all the credit?

I'm still convinced that not releasing Star Wars and the Indiana Jones stuff a while ago, even though it can be justified (rationalized) by the fact that Lucas could not edit them to his satisfaction, was due to purposeful stalling because he was bitter about choosing the loosing horse. .

What is off is that altough I am into most of the sci-fi movies and stuff, and am truly a geek by most any definition, the Star Wars movies have never done anything for me... I have not cared for the story line in any of them.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:54 PM
Am I really here?

Well regardless of what you think about Star Wars, the DiVX debate, and now which version of SW gets released are both very interesting things to follow, I think. Wasn't Spielberg a DiVX advocate (it took him a while to embrace DVDs, but Close Encounters, Jaws and E.T. are all out now, and E.T. has both the 1982 and 2002 versions in the same set)? I know Disney was, and now they're supporting this new disposable EZ-D format.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/3064327.stm

It'll be interesting to see what happens with that one.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlueSwede Send a message via Yahoo to BlueSwede
I forgot to mention the Wedding Banquet and Saving Grace.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:12 PM
Am I really here?

I'm REALLY going to have to schedule an animation festival. The day before my 28th birthday, there's going to be a large Looney Tunes release on DVD, for the first time (and right around the time they do that new live action/animated movie):

COMPLETE DETAILS of the LOONEY TUNES DVDs! Here they come! October 28th is the street date. $64.92 is the suggested retail price (but you will be able to get a deal on Amazon.com and at other outlets). An all-new collection of 56 Looney Tunes classic cartoons, digitally re-mastered on DVD and packed with special features!
Four discs are contained in the first wave - entitled "The Looney Tunes Golden Collection" - each cartoon has been brilliantly restored and re-mastered to its original, uncut, anvil-dropping glory!

See
http://www.cartoonresearch.com/news.html

for details, including before- and after-restoration screenshots!