Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2005, 09:14 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

I seldom get a true evangelist inspiration, but have a couple books that have sunk to my core and dissolved into becoming part of ME. I’ll then reflect, refer and recommend these as meaningful messages.

I’m told that I have too many full bookcases in my house during this world of ‘All Information Internet’. There is one ‘top shelf’ that is understood to contain more than a collection of words and facts. My children grew up knowing that, in the case of fire in the house, “IF you’re passing by on your way out, AFTER ‘the picture box’, the ‘top shelf’ goes out the window, and don’t go back for anything else”.

Some from this top shelf are Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors by Carl Sagan / Ann Druyan that has become my personal bible. Long term perspectives of life have deep roots in Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis and Animal Farm by George Orwell, for me.

The only thing within the past decade or two that is having room made for it on that shelf is The World IS Flat by Thomas Friedman.

As for a single quote, from the many that have momentary application, only this one has a permanent place above my desk.

“Measured objectively, what a man can wrest from Truth by passionate striving is utterly infinitesimal. But the striving frees us from the bonds of the self and makes us comrades of those who are the best and the greatest.”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MeasuredObjectively.jpg (76.4 KB, 215 views)

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world