Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2003, 07:15 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Wright Brothers

Did anyone watch the Wright Bros. stuff that was on tv last night???

The thing I found really interesting is that the film of their flight that we see all the time was not their 1903 flight. It was actually one in 1909 after they had been practicing for 6 years. Funny how modern culture has influenced history. The first flight was no where near as impressive looking, well except that someone was flying for the first time

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-18-2003, 07:55 AM

Lilith,

I find it remarkable how much air travel has progressed in 100 years. Although it may be an unfair comparison, I can’t help but wonder what automobile transportation would look like if it had progressed at the same rate.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:00 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Actually jseal I was thinking about that too...well sort of. What is it about flying as opposed to anything else that makes man strive for greater and greater advancements?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-26-2003, 02:21 AM
Serious Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
Actually jseal I was thinking about that too...well sort of. What is it about flying as opposed to anything else that makes man strive for greater and greater advancements?

I think it's spriritual.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:35 AM
Banned

When they announced it was 100 years ago, I found it hard to believe. I remember reading about the Wright Bros when I was a kid and marvelling at their faith . . .

I kinda see it as a sad statement on our society that we've gone from their marvel and staying airborne to air rage.

It was only 10 years ago that my mother was pissed at me for wearing jeans on a flight! We used to dress in our best clothes for a flight!
Old 12-26-2003, 08:39 AM

Steph,

Yes mam. I remember that also. It wasn't so very long ago that air travel was still sufficiently special that one dressed for the occasion.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:53 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I can remember that as well. And found myself surprisingly alone in my dress when I flew for the first time a couple of years ago. Although for some traveling by air is a common everyday occurrance for some of us it is still rather $$ and not something we take for granted. To me it's still a big deal!

~>My Scribbles<~