Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Site News > Sex News
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2003, 09:01 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Lap Dancing Faces Legal Threat

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Lap dancing could be on its way out in Los Angeles under a proposal that would put dancers at the city's strip clubs out of reach behind 30-inch-high rails.

Touching of any kind between entertainers and customers at adult clubs would also be banned under an ordinance that would require dancers to stay at least 6 feet away from patrons.

The proposal was passed on Monday by a Los Angeles city council committee after residents complained of prostitution, furtive sex acts and excessive noise from adult clubs near their homes.

But the measure, which must win the approval of the full city council, was compared by the thriving adult entertainment industry in Los Angeles to draconian morality laws imposed by the former Taliban government in Afghanistan.

"Do we want a society where we're so controlled that we cannot do anything at all? Do we want a society where people can't go out and enjoy themselves?," said Roger Diamond, a lawyer representing about 25 adult clubs in Los Angeles.

The measure is expected to be discussed by the city council later this month.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 06-18-2003, 11:50 PM

I dont see why prostituion should be otulawed. The government could make money of taxing it, and make it safer by inspecting employees for STDs weekly. Even if outlawed it will continue. We should allow prostituion. Even if I myself probly would not be a patron, I dont think the law make sense.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:42 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
I love Los Angeles.Been here all my live.But I do remember when LA was considered one of the more liberal places in the country.What is up with this lap dance ordanance? Have we all gone mad?
Old 07-06-2003, 03:10 PM
Stiff Member

Its not just LA. The current crop of Feds are leading the way. Check out the investigations into Strip Clubs in San Diego and Sin City. Its all part of the Bush agenda.

I can't get through to her 'cause it doesn't permit
But I'm gonna give her everything I've got to give.

I hear your sweet voice calling
out my name
As I stare from a six foot cell
And from beyond I heard the words
Deceptively Yours