Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Welcome to Arkham

Well, I finally got one of my much belated Christmas gifts (it was ordered online and didn't come in time) Batman Arkham Asylum. So far it seems to be an excellent game. Great visuals even on a crt tv, good story so far, great live action combat system. Only complaint I have so far is sometimes his movement is hard to control outside of battle trying to maneuver around the world. Especially dropping from ledges.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 01-26-2010, 11:59 PM

Arkham was a great feature of the 70's Batman comics.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

"Batman" Arkham Assylum???
Old 01-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Yankee in Dixie

It's an XBOX 360 and PS3 game that released last August. I'm a Batman freak, so naturally I wanted the game. Some friends of mine were kind enough to get it for me.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 01-27-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkogecko
"Batman" Arkham Assylum???

Arkham Asylum was the high security loony-bin that people like the Joker were locked away. The establishment goes back to sixties that I am aware of.

It has picked up in popularity over the last few years.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Had no idea. The Arkham I am familiar with is because of HP Lovecraft.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:20 PM

It would be naive to think that the creaters of Arkham Asylum weren't in some way influenced by Lovecraft, consciously or not.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Actually the creators of Batman seem to have taken a lot of inspiration from real criminals and just put them a bit further to the extreme. While I realize (especially for the time period) that most of gadgets Batman uses are not creatable I prefer him to some of the other super hero's. I really like the villains he faces as well. There is so much wrong with both sides of the story....you see everything from narcissism to extreme sadistic behavior, to political corruption and in the middle of it all you have Bruce Wayne the young billionaire playboy, Batman, and the Bruce Wayne that only Alfred and a select few others get to see. Just a regular guy trying to make some good in the world.