View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 11:32 PM
broken

Send a message via Yahoo to FallenAngel5
I'll join the parade. I had my gallbladder out 2 years ago, laproscopically. Gall bladder problems run in both sides of my family, so I wasn't too surprised. I diagnosed myself, actually, the doctor didn't believe me. But up til I had it out, it was horrible pain and nausea that usually either woke me up or kept me up at night, sometimes so bad that I couldn't move. My aunt who had problems described the pain as "worse than childbirth." phew.
But the descriptions you've already gotten are right, the problems are caused by increased fat, so the pain usually comes with a high fat meal. But, like maddy, I highly recommend the surgery. I had mine at 7 in the morning, and I went home that night right after dinner. I only have 4 small scars with the stitches that dissolve. The pain the first day was, eh... what you expect with surgery. But I was on morphine at the hospital and codeine at home, which helped tremendously. Even with me being a big baby when it comes to pain. The worst part was that the incisions go through your abdominal muscles, so it hurt to sit up for a little bit, but that wore off quickly. I was back to normal in a couple weeks, and things are SO much better. My surgeon was awesome, and I recommend asking around to see who people in your area like.
But yeah, if you're having problems, it is a simple enough surgery that will save you so much pain in the future. ::hugs:: Sorry that you're going through this. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
Tie me to the bedpost
I like it rough
cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all