Thread: Drinking
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 01:02 AM

I love a good drink and my current drink of choice is a gin and tonic or a tasty dirty martini with two olives. Gin and tonic is like the sorbet of the alcohol world, cleaning the palette after too many Guinness. I'm trying to branch out into wine and learn my way around it ... sampling shiraz, reisling and others.

Jamison Irish whiskey is my Achilles' heel. I've done more stupid things drinking the Water of Life than any other alcohol combined.

Of course the secret is to drink in moderation. Ocassionally, now that I'm 29, I'll go over five drinks in the course of an evening but that's a rarity. Much better to have two or three over dinner and call it a day.

I have friends who suffer from alcoholism and it's a bad disease and I feel sorry for them. But drinks with friends is one of the great pleasures in life to me. I could live without it, but why?

Funniest drunken I can recall was waking up Jan. 1, 2000 to find a friend in the bathtub covered in corn meal for god known what reason. He got the nickname cornbread after that.

Prost!
Cheers!
Slainte