Thread: Convince Me
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 05:57 AM
Everybody Stretch!

It'd be easier to convince you NOT to move here, actually!

Community=BORING...nothing to do for at least 10 miles. Can't buy a pair of underwear without driving that far...let alone find a decent restaurant.

Schools are suppose to be pretty good. My friends children aren't geniuses...oh wait...two actually are...but anyway, all the kids seem to be getting a good education.

Employment=If you're a man and have a skill or higher education...jobs are ok. For women it's tougher. This is an "old school" area...and they think the men should make the big bucks to support their family. There is no such thing as "equal pay for equal ability".

Cost of living=It's good if you are a couple. A single parent or single person wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell in some of the middle to upper class areas.

Crime Rate=Now, here's where we shine (I spose). I live in an area where you can still leave your house unlocked. Little...misdemeanor kinda crimes happen, ie:knocking down a row of mailboxes, stealing reflectors from driveway entrances...etc. I think it's mainly preteens and teens who do this sorta stuff...and they are really just bored! But, there have been a lot of new homes going up on the farmland around here, so I expect the crime rate to rise with that feature.

Large City=NO...Small, rural town...but as I said, we're growing by leaps and bounds!

~Thomas Dewar~