View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 09:03 AM
Cynic Emeritus

Well, well, well ....

I am still officially retired but being a red in a blue state, I must give a little opinion.

I did vote for GW and I do support him. Right after Sept. 11 he indicated he was going to go after terrorists, not wait for them to attack us and everyone cheered. He is only standing by his convictions. I will not make fun of Kerry for flip-flopping because if he won, I would have to support him as well. (Actually, I think that the way presidents are ridiculed in this country is deliterious to the common good. It is the most powerful position in the world and the person who holds it should be held in high regard. And, you DO NOT become president if you are a complete moron).

Anyways, there are two Americas and the people who live in red states are offended by the way the blue states push their values upon them. (News media, celebrities, etc.) Anyone that thinks that Ben Affleck is going to change someone in Alabama's mind about voting was obviously wrong. I have much more to offer but looking at the map, it seems obvious. Northeast (Boston, New York), upper midwest (Illinois, Michigan), and west coast (California, etc.) all went were blue states. The democrats need to find a way to tap into the heartland. Those people feel disenfranchised by liberal America.

Either way, I still had to go to work this morning, so I guess it doesn't matter.

"Women, you can't live with them ... pass the beer nuts." - Norm Peterson (George Wednt) on Cheers

"Sometimes you just have to say, what the fuck." - Tom Cruise in Risky Business

"It tastes so good. Once it hits your lips." - Frank the Tank in Old School