View Single Post
Old 04-29-2002, 08:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Lynx
Thumbs up Call me old-fashioned...

I suppose in the world we live in these days, waiting to lose your virginity until you find just the right person has become a bit old-fashioned. Then again, I've always thought I was born in the wrong time period anyway.

I met my love at my first job, working as a busboy at an Italian restaurant. As fate would have it, she was the first person I ever met there, and looking back, I realize she was immediately interested in me. I was 17 at the time, a bit shy, and just hoping I could keep up with the work. As the weeks went by, we got to know each other better. I began to notice her stealing lengthy glances at my arms and chest, which were building up rapidly with the physical labor.

Several months later, I finally got the courage to ask her out. Despite the hints I'd noticed, I still had no idea if she would be willing to date me (she was 23 at the time...almost 6 years older than myself). To my shock and amazement, she agreed to dinner and a movie with much enthusiasm. With time, we fell madly in love, that kind of love where you don't want to be apart - ever. We got increasingly physical, plenty of heavy petting, all the good stuff short of intercourse. Several times she suggested we go for the plunge, but I was adamant about waiting until I was legal - I didn't want to risk getting her in trouble.

Finally, my 18th birthday rolled around. I still remember us, sitting on the bed, checking the clock every 30 seconds or so, waiting for midnight to roll around. Yes, I realize that was pretty ridiculous, but we figured we waited months and months...we could wait another hour (how many people can brag that they have that much willpower? ) Candles lit all around us, soft music playing, the fireplace roaring, I remember her walking in wearing my birthday present, a red velvet nightie that showed off every curve and sensuous detail with wonderful precision. The first time lasted about a half hour. I had read numerous books on lovemaking, particularly how to satisfy one's partner, so I handled the mechanics pretty well for my first time. We rested and caressed for the next ten or fifteen minutes, then went a second time, this session being about an hour long. I still remember the feeling of accomplishment when my love came the third time during that second session...I, someone who had been a virgin just hours beforehand, had brought the greatest form of pleasure to my fairly experienced girlfriend three times already! We made love twice more that night...finally collapsing in an exhausted heap in our bed. I will never forget the feeling of satisfaction the next morning when I woke up, confident I had waited for the perfect time, the perfect place, and the perfect woman (who I'm still with today!) I would wish anyone else who's still a virgin the same happiness and good fortune I've had!