View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 07:55 AM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
Passion...and your thoughts.

I think most of you know how much I like to critic movies. Well I went and saw The Passion last night. I went with a group of people and sat in a sold out theatre with mostly large church groups.

The movie was easily the most intense thing I have ever watched. I cried a few times, I was shocked at the graphic nature of things they showed a few times. My personal feelings on the show are between my soul and whoever takes charge of it when it leaves my body.

As for the technical aspects. This was beyond a well made movie, the sound, the lighting, the cast....it was all done with such grandure it is without words.

As for the anti-jewish views some have said it has. I saw none of it, it pointed out a few high priests that were threatened by what Jesus was teaching. They even had a few lower priests that tried to stop the "trial". No overall anti-sematic views, just like in all historical things, a few bad leaders or people at the top.

I would say anyone with any religious leanings should see it, but with that said it is not for the light of heart.