View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 10:39 PM

Good thread

Well I was in a bar in Galveston,Texas with my grandmother having a cool one, The TV in the bar was on when the attack happened. We all just sat there listening and watching the news stories as they came out. I had voted for him, my first time to vote and I was not happy. Back then I was the crying kind but then I was a young man and had been taught men didn't cry, but I did tear up a bit. I also was not a bit happy that it occurred in Texas, much less that it happened at all. I couldn't figure out why for years, then I finally got it. Knowing didn't help much either!
As we left the bar I noticed a lot of women were crying, and men were cursing the person or persons that did it. The one thing I did notice was no one was smiling or smirking, I knew not every one voted for him and I also knew there were a lot of folk that really didn't care for him as President. I've heard all the conspiracy theories, and doubt we will ever be sure of what happened that day. BUT I do know that a man was killed before his time, and he was morned by many millions. Not just as President but as a man, and his family too. I have to say that I am not happy about the so called revelations that have come out since then, I say let the man lay in peace and let his last child alone.
Making love is not just for the young, it would be a shame to waste all that experience.