View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Suprise Me

Easy cake-mix cookies

1 Box cake mix - any brand (devils food, lemon & vanilla mix work the best)
1 egg
1 12 oz tub Cool Whip

Mix together - batter will be really sticky and stiff. At this time I fold in one of the following;

If I use the chocolate cake mix, I will add white chips and sometimes nuts.

If I use the lemon, I may add orange sprinkles, or yellow ones.

If I use the vanilla mix, I may add Heath candybar chips, M&M's, or Toffee Bits.

Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees

drop a tablespoon ball onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet..... you can fit about 12 cookies on a regular sheet.

Bake at 350 for approximately 10-12 minutes (as oven vary, check at around 8-10 minutes. I don't let the cookies cook completely.. as the continue to cook as they cool.. (we all like a chewy cookie anyway)

Let cookies cool on sheet for only 2 minutes (any longer they may stick) then transfer onto wire baking racks to cool completely.......

(Be prepared to be baking cookies pretty much the whole afternoon with this recipie as it does make quite a few of them)

This recipie was developed at 9 PM the night before when my son told me that he had to bring treats to school the next day - and I didn't have anything to make them out of..