Thread: Black Friday?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Manwhore

I don't go in for the "doorbusters" and despise Black Friday starting on Thanksgiving Day. I do my best to avoid shopping at any store that starts their BF sale on Thursday. Some retailers started offering their BF deals earlier in the week, which I think is great. You can still get a good deal without the insane crowds and riotous atmosphere.

I took advantage of one such sale and picked up a new TV. It was selling for about $800 less than its list price. (And about $400 less than its standard sale price. Gah, for so many products the "List Price" means nothing. Especially electronics and musical instruments. There's list price and then the "what everyone actually sells it for" price.) Anyway, a lot of stores were offering this particular model of Samsung for $999. I managed to get another $50 off that.

Star Wars has never looked so good!

Also, I'm kind of ashamed to admit part of the reason I wanted a new TV is because we put in a new one at work and got the upgrade to a better picture fever. However, I'm going to wrap up my old TV (46" Toshiba LCD), which still works great, and give it to my parents for Christmas. Their current TV had a terrible picture and the lower right corner looks like somewhere smeared a thin layer of Vaseline on it, leaving it fuzzy and hard to view. Upgrade for me, upgrade for the parents, and no camping on a sidewalk.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these