View Single Post
Old 01-17-2003, 01:13 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Ok, I said I wouldn't bore anybody with my daily life (trust me, it bores me to tears most days), but today was...interesting to say the least. Started off like every other morn, pack up #2 son to daycare to catch his bus to school, but this am there was a threat of snow later, before noon...people around here can't drive under ideal conditions, throw a little snow & ice on the ground & they become freakin morons...but only 1-2" was predicted, & the way I deal with something like that is wait for the amateurs to get out of the way, then I can drive ok...so I had no qualms about kids being in school, or wife & I going to work. Short time after getting to work, the snow starts, they announce the schools are closing & they'll start taking the kids home as soon as the buses can get back...well, the snow starts coming down at a rate of 2" per hour, & something happened that never had before...the streets froze up & stranded EVERYBODY who was on the road at the moment...

some of you have seen this arbor before, but here it is with 6" of snow on it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snowarbor.jpg (48.2 KB, 242 views)

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.