View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Causer of Unrest

I honestly don't know how you go about finding someone; it's hard enough to find one someone to have a relationship with. If you add a level of difficulty by wanting to find someone who is a) cool with you being married and not sneaking around, and b) wants to have a relationship with BOTH of you, it gets harder. I am married and had another true love, but I wasn't looking for him. He just sort of happened into my life, and because my husband and I had done the work to be able to accept and work with that eventuality, it worked. However, my lover was not in relationship with both of us; he had a respectful friendship with my husband and a relationship with me.

All that said, you can go on dating sites and list yourself as in an open relationship, or polyamorous, looking for a third. You'll have to sift the wheat through the chaff, as in any kind of dating. You should also know that single women to be a third are in very high demand, and can afford to be choosy (as they should be, and as should you and your hubby). It isn't easy, and it will take a fair amount of self-reflection and a huge amount of good communication. But it can be done.

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke