View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Call me FWM :)

Great to see more people joining in, I'm feeling positive about the support we can give to each other I was chatting with a friend earlier and got some great tips, and he's happy for me to share them on this thread. I hope some of you find them useful

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow Grind's Tips:
(and if anyone's seen pics of this guy's body, you'll see he knows what he's talking about)

1) Have something to distract you during the solo exercise - music, TV etc

2) Try to have a friend to exercise with you when you can

3) Tell a trusted friend about your goal and plan, and have them check up on you, encourage you, keep you going

4) Your goal is to improve your health over a certain period of time and that involves exercise and eating right. Don't worry about the number [on the scale], it's the process that counts - a 40lb loss from a 50lbs goal should not be seen as a failure

5) Be realistic, don't be too hard on yourself, and don't try to do too much, too soon. Think about the long-term goal and less about the day to day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(((Thank You SG)))

I have an ipod so I'll listen and walk; I can occasionally exercise with a friend; one or two trusted friends (and anyone who reads this) know my plan, and I know they'll give me encouragement, in addition to the support shared on this thread; I will try to see any reduction in weight as a success, but need to see that I don't get complacent half-way. I do have a goal weight and time in mind, but I won't give up if it takes longer; and finally, I will force myself to stick to the walking plan and not think I can do more from the outset. Realistically I know that if I start on Week 12 of the plan, without working up to it, I'll be good for a week or so and then I'll crash and burn and not be fit for anything. I need to avoid that.

Nat, nice to hear that your daughter is joining in with you, it's a real support having someone so close to lean on during the good days and bad