Thread: Sad songs
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Sad songs

I was perusing another adult, but non-sexual forum a few minutes ago, & found a thread I wanted to post to. When I found that a permanent membership to that forum would cost me $$$ (after a month free), I said fuckit, I'll just start my own here...all of which is just my long-winded roundabout way of saying I stole this from another forum (shhh, don't tell the net police).

The question is, what songs strike you as so sad as to make you weep or choke up by the final chorus? May I add, embarrassingly sad, no matter if the song be hokey or sappy to everybody else, but you're sitting there thinking, don't make me cry here in front of God & everybody...

My weepy sad song is Long Long Time by (a very young) Linda Ronstadt, her first solo release, I believe...man, before she gets thru the first verse I'm swallowing hard, & about midway thru I look like allergy eyes. Yeh, I know, pretty sappy, wanna step outside & talk it over on the pavement?

So what's your embarrassingly sad song?

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.