View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 11:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
If you were not married only one of you might have had to declare bankruptcy. That would leave the other with a decent credit history for a better mortgage rate. If she were not married to you she might stand a greater chance of getting housing assistance as well. I guess that "piece of paper" can be more costly than ya think sometimes. For every reason there is to get hitched there can be just as many to not.

What are your professions? Some grants are profession related. Are you a veteran?

I know my mom bought our house through a Farmer's Home Loan back in the 80's. It was for low income home buyer but not the same as the HUD program.

No both of us would have probably had to declare bankruptcy since she spent 58 days in the hospital, and our daughter spent 35 days in neonatal intensive care, and I carried the insurance on her causing each of us to carry a bill. I don't know if you've ever priced NICU stays, but they're not cheap. I think you once told me not to make assumptions about other peoples lives.

Thanks for all the links.