Thread: I miss......
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 12:03 PM
is not this trim anymore!

I don't linger on it too long, or my life will pass me by while waiting for it to happen.

But I miss summer vacations spent outside on a bicycle all day long. I miss being home just to sleep, and being told "Come home for dinner once in awhile, so we know you're still alive."

I miss knowing it's hot outside but not really feeling uncomfortable.

I miss walking down to the railroad trestle with a bow & arrow, determined to shoot me a fish...and damn near catching a friend instead.

I miss the thrill I got when I found a dirty magazine.

I miss sneaking beer out of my father's stock, and how much easier it became once I discovered that beercans fit into tennis ball tubes.

I miss my grandparents. Especially my grandfather.

I miss that day my cousin and I spent all day building airplanes out of wood & roofing nails...and how upset we were when we saw they didn't fly...and how quickly the disappointment was replaced when we saw how awesome they crashed!

As odd as it sounds, unless you've been there, I miss things I've never had.

I miss being the master of Windows 3.1

I miss my first true love...and my third.

And I miss Pixies when I'm not here.

I'm wildirish, and I approve of this message.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.