View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 08:42 PM
With all due respect

Send a message via Yahoo to fredchabotnick
Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick

Seattle@St. Louis-I picked Seattle. Seemed the stronger of the bet even though St. Louis is at home this week.

New Orleans@Greenbay-Bobbing back and forth on this one. Greenbay is pretty desparate at this point and they are home. They NEED the win and might just fight for it this time round! However, New Orleans has been trying to give it's city an uplift and now they are truely an away team as opposed to being a home team in an away situation (due to Katrina). Hmmmmm...I could use more opinions on this one. I did pick New Orleans...but it's too damn close to call!

New England@Atlanta-Can't go the home team advantage in this pairing. N.E. is kick ass and I chose them...hands down!

I think I agreed with you with everything except these three.
Sadly, I have no good reason to pick St. Louis except that Seattle has a long habit of being a lousy road team. They're already 0-2 on the road. If they can win this, I'll give them more credit in the future. It's not a good reason, but it's all I've got.
NE vs Atlanta, I agree with lonelyarmywife, mainly because the Pats are so beaten up. They couldn't stop the run at all last week, and the Falcons, even if Vick is dinged, run well. Add that they're at home and I don't think NE can do it. (I hate picking against my team...)
And finally, yes Farve is over the hill. The team is weak, they have no run game and the defense is questionable. Still, the effects of the continual road trip are going to start wearing down a Saints team that franking wasn't very good to begin with. I think the Pack pulls this one out.

Too many close games this week. This could go one way or the other too easily. Good luck

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”