Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   world cup dread (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7212)

axe31 05-20-2002 12:41 PM

world cup dread

the world cup of football is comeing up
i dont like watching football so the huge
amount of coverage is just anoying to me
had a ex who was a football nut almost never
saw her on saturdays sport widows of the world
unite but remember there are some widowers
too
ok i have finished moaning
lol;)

Lovediva 05-20-2002 12:46 PM

Isn't the world cup....SOCCER????? :D :D

axe31 05-20-2002 01:13 PM

its called football in europe,asia.africa,south america
and mosts of the rest of the world
no its football not that provinsal game you americans
play
by the way why do your "football" players need all that
armor to play a game that is basicly rugby:D :D

Lovediva 05-20-2002 01:17 PM

Well first of all I am Canadian :p :D

Second of all...I don't know why they wear sooo much equipement...but their asses look so yummy!!!:p ;)

And third..soccer has always been soccer here. Sorry :D And when I watch the world cup....it's a soccer ball I see....and if you look real close...you might even see some nuts!!! :D :D

scorpi42 05-20-2002 03:42 PM

well im not a widower as im single but i agree axe i cant stand football either i hate it dont mind a bit of rugby though

Steph 05-20-2002 05:47 PM

Soccer or football?

Quote:
Originally posted by LoveDiva4u
Second of all...I don't know why they wear sooo much equipement...but their asses look so yummy!!!:p ;)

As a soccer player, I'm made to wear the equipment by the league. It's probably a good thing, otherwise my shins would have been pulp by now . . . or are you talking about football players?;)

axe31 05-20-2002 05:59 PM

Re: Soccer or football?

Quote:
Originally posted by Steph

As a soccer player, I'm made to wear the equipment by the league. It's probably a good thing, otherwise my shins would have been pulp by now . . . or are you talking about football players?;)

dont forget the box tho that only needed for the guys
no iam talking about american football players

australian rules football dont wear armor as well
;)

Grumble 05-22-2002 09:36 PM

Soccer or football

You are right Axe,

Soccer is the name for the round ball game in Australia, then we also have Australian Rules football, Rugby League and Rugby Union. The southern States of Australia are very heavily into Aussie rules and New South Wales and Queensland are the main devotees of the rugby codes. All of the codes are played in all states though. Soccer is quite popular and has a growing following but unlikely to take top billing.

As to the world cup, well there are several world cups. Both the Rugby Codes have a world Cup, there will be one held in Australia in 18 months time and there is the Cricket world cup as well. Soccer doen't have the monopoly on that at all.

Strangest thing in sport though is the world series in baseball where only US teams play. Funny view of the world that.

Sharni 05-22-2002 09:49 PM

Both Bilbo and I dont like football or rugby

Though we both watch Motorcycle racing and Car racing, specially Bathurst

I also like watching equestrian events....but they are very rarely shown here

legend 05-23-2002 05:49 AM

i will watch just about any sport, football (soccer) included. i don't follow the soccer much anymore though. However, I am a die hard Brisbane Broncos fan (rugby league) and always will be. I also follow the cricket.