Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ladies...what do you notice about a man's place the 1st time you visit? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25418)

phelan 06-20-2005 08:44 PM

Ladies...what do you notice about a man's place the 1st time you visit?

Friends and I were talking about this, but I thought I'd bring it out on the net. What is it you ladies notice about a man's place (apt, condo etc.) the 1st time your over?

how dirty/clean it is? how soft his bed is? whether he has good taste in music collections? etc.

Lilith 06-20-2005 08:45 PM

cleanliness/neatness/sense of style

IAKaraokeGirl 06-20-2005 08:50 PM

Yep ^^^^. Me, too.

nicole2309 06-20-2005 09:16 PM

I definately agree... cleanliness is the #1 thing, and I like it if he has actually decorated the place (stuff on the walls and the whole 9). I also try to sneak a peak in the fridge, it's a good sign if there's more in there than beer and hot dogs

BIBI 06-20-2005 09:18 PM

All the exits....:)

Stolen Kisses 06-20-2005 09:19 PM

I agree- and if it smells good or bad is a big thing for me. Especially the bathroom.

cherrypie7788 06-20-2005 09:27 PM

The cleanliness. If his house is a horrible mess, it's probably a pretty good reflection of him as a person as well...eek!

fzzy 06-20-2005 09:57 PM

I wouldn't dare make a decision about anyone on how clean their place was!!!! ..... people who live in "dirty" glass houses, you know!! :)

I think the first thing I notice is if he seems to feel comfortable in his own space .... the only way clean, smell, etc would factor in for me would be if it was bad enough to draw attention to itself. I'm always interested in how other people decorate their places though ... sparse or cluttered .. the things we pick to share our space with tell much about who we are.

BIBI 06-20-2005 10:17 PM

I'd still check for the exits first...

Steph 06-20-2005 10:26 PM

I like to see very little sports memorabilia or cheesey things like that. I had to live with a kitschy guy and vowed never to do it again.

osuche 06-21-2005 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIBI
I'd still check for the exits first...

:rofl:

As for me....cleanliness, followed by a perusal of his book collection (there I am looking for depth and breadth of interestes). No book collection....absolutely NO second date. Seriously.

(shallow, huh?)

GingerV 06-21-2005 04:14 AM

The first thing I'd notice is how clean it was, can't be helped. A clean house isn't a deal-breaker...and I'm not talking white-glove stuff. I don't mind if he hasn't mopped the kitchen in the last couple of weeks. But month old pizza boxes, or stuff left anywhere it fell would be a bit of a turn off...I wouldn't be able to help thinking that I might be signing up as maid as well as lover.

The first thing I'd look for (as opposed to just noticing) is whether the place was at all homey. It doesn't have to be anything like my style, but I'm curiious to know if any kind of thought had gone into the feel of the place...or if it was frat-boy chic. I'd be much more impressed with someone who'd put thought into making a space comfortable...and it'd probably work with me, I'd be more comfortable there.

treeview 06-21-2005 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
:rofl:

As for me....cleanliness, followed by a perusal of his book collection (there I am looking for depth and breadth of interestes). No book collection....absolutely NO second date. Seriously.

(shallow, huh?)

What would you like to see on the bookshelf? Any authors or topics that would rate more stars? Do you look at the music collection too? Does that carry any weight?

My books are still in storage since I just moved into a new apartment. Getting books on the shelf does make it feel more like home to me.

Treeview

wyndhy 06-21-2005 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIBI
All the exits....:)

rotfpmpl

maddy 06-21-2005 09:27 AM

It's fun reading this... as my house was recently on show for all the world (for sale) it was interesting to hear people's comments on my home... they fell in this order recently from a few friends that stopped by:

1) It's sooooo clean - very evident of no children or husbands, I'm afraid to touch the walls for fear of leaving fingerprints.

2) HOLY CD collection... you have sooo many. And wow! what a variety of music.

3) WOW! Look at all those books, have you really read all of these?!

But even through the showings it was repeated comments from potential buyers as to the cleanness, organized state, and homey feel.