Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advice (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   get these things off me!!!!!! (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24983)

kathy1 05-05-2005 11:31 AM

get these things off me!!!!!!

Hellllllpppppp me all you gurlie girls at pixies!!!!!

Before my trip, I went and had fake nails done....not outrageous long things...just sumpin to look nice while i was there. Wellllll, I hated em after a few days. And once my own nails grew just a teensy bit, even with re-doing the polish, they looked sooooo tacky. Looked good for the pics (LOL) but that's about all I can say about 'em. Well, now I'm back home and I want these alien-space-plastic-polymer things off my fingers. I was told they would pop right off. Nope.....I was told acetone would do the trick. Nope....I was told alcohol would loosen em. Nope.......Am I stuck just trimming a little bit off at a time till my nails grow out????? Plus, remember, I need to be able to feel the patient's vein to do my job properly and these things are hindering that too. Geez, they should build cars, planes and buildings in earthquake zones outa this stuff!!!!! :hair:

wyndhy 05-05-2005 11:39 AM

jeez....i had heard the same thing about the acetone. i don't know what elses would work that wouldn't eat your skin away. too.
did you call the place that put them on? maybe they have a few more tricks.

kathy1 05-05-2005 11:49 AM

Funny you say that....the place is run by a vietnamese family that speaks very little english...does good nail jobs though....i went by there one night .....she just stared blankly at me and kept asking "you want filled in?"

wyndhy 05-05-2005 11:54 AM

LMAO!

call a different salon maybe.

flutelady 05-05-2005 12:39 PM

Kathy, call a salon that speaks your language. Tell them what you want. They will be able to help you. You'll likely have to go in and pay to get them removed, but they ARE removeable.

I've had fake nails for years. Some of my nail ladies have been fabulous while others have done a beyond-shitty job. It makes a huge difference. You shouldn't have any problems feeling a vein simply because you've got acrylic nails, really makes me wonder what she did to you!

Anyway... best of luck to you. :x:

Edited to add- In my experience, fake nails do not just "pop" off. Be very careful about prying them off, because doing so will damage your natural nail. (I've foolishly done that several times. I'm slow to learn, I guess)

Sharni 05-05-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1
And once my own nails grew just a teensy bit, even with re-doing the polish, they looked sooooo tacky.

They do tend to look tacky if fill ins are not kept up...no matter how much nail polish you put on them

They definately are removable....but you really need to go to a nail salon to get it done

WildIrish 05-05-2005 02:30 PM

Try taking more pictures? :confused:

d5254t 05-05-2005 03:01 PM

go back to the salon and ask them to remove them for you its a process but will in the long run cause you less damage, all it is , is acetone and you have to soak your nailsin it for a while, it is not a quick thing you do during the commercial break it might take the whole episode of law and order lol...(if you get it done at the salon they can do it a lot quicker for you, there stuff is a lot stronger) you can use nail polish with acetone in it but it will take longer, the people at the salon are trained to do that stuff, and wont hurt you too much, like you are likely to do from the sounds of it... I am a phlebotomist too and I know how much a pain it is when you can't feel the vein for one reason or another because of your fingers.
Hope that helps

cherrypie7788 05-05-2005 03:29 PM

How long did you soak them in the nail polish remover? It takes a really long time, and you should never pull them off because you might just take your real nail with the damn thing.

If all else fails, go back to a shop or beauty salon to get them removed. That might be your best bet, anyway.

I stopped getting fake nails because they're such a pain to take off or to get filled in.

kathy1 05-07-2005 03:44 AM

Thanks everybody....i'm just gonna have to make time and find another place to get it fixed....fake nails....pantyhose....underwires...god, the things we women do!!!! :dizzy:

PantyFanatic 05-07-2005 09:34 AM

Quote:
get these things off me!!!!!!

I was so excited when I read the title. :jump:

............. then I saw you were talking about fake fingernails. :(

Kaelynn 05-07-2005 11:33 AM

PF strikes again... lol

I will never forget watching my mother trying to soak hers off... she had to sit in the acetone stuff for hours, and then take a file and gently file them down. If you have the weekend to work with them this might be a good solution.

Good Luck, they will come off eventually... me personally I wouldn't want to pay for the removal. So I would do it the way my mom did... must be in the genes...

PantyFanatic 05-07-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:
....."in your jeans"?

Funny! :) ...... I was just thinking about the same thing. :jump:

:hug:

Kaelynn 05-07-2005 05:18 PM

BAD PF, BAD!!! :x:

Catch22 05-10-2005 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1
Funny you say that....the place is run by a vietnamese family that speaks very little english...does good nail jobs though....i went by there one night .....she just stared blankly at me and kept asking "you want filled in?"

I think I said the same thing 20 min after you got here!