Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sympathy to Russia. (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21992)

Catch22 09-04-2004 04:22 AM

Sympathy to Russia.

I don't know if there are any Russian members, but my sympathy goes out to you today.

dicksbro 09-04-2004 05:28 AM

As do mine, Catch22. It's so sad that people with political agendas feel they have to cause others to suffer ... and even worse that they use children as pawns.

BIBI 09-04-2004 09:48 AM

Words cannot describe the feelings I have over this travesty......and all the others that are happening with such frequency. It is pure evil and that is all I can say without bringing in politics and religion. It never ceases to surprise me to what people are capable of doing.

Lilith 09-04-2004 09:58 AM

It's unfathomable...if you add to that the horror that children in the Sudan are experiencing, while our children witness it, you have to wonder how they all will turn out. Unfortunately so many in Russia, and 10 times as many in the Sudan, won't get the chance to turn out. And I watch and do nothing, what must my children think....

Nice Guy 09-04-2004 10:29 AM

But what can we do Lilith. It isn't like we can go over there and fix everything ourselves. The best we can do is teach them why what has happned is wrong and to help those that have had this happen to them.

Catch22 09-04-2004 10:40 AM

I may have posted this before. It is a poem I did a long time ago.

What rain will wash the tears away, under those sinister grey-clouded skies, that the flash of lightning is rending.
When the world is stripped of its living breath and all things find no joy in form or mind.
Can we leave the path of woe, where the child sits crying.
When greed and lust have touched us all with tragic pain and vengence hollow.
When the world for fulfilment yearns and truth and honour lie broken on the alter of ignorance.
With our eyes to see, shall we see the fear of the hind?
With our ears to hear, shall we hear the call of the hawk?
When the frost of hate has settled on our souls and deep there broods.
Who then will comfort the child that lies dying?
When the white days bring silence, so then will all things end.

Lilith 09-04-2004 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Guy
But what can we do Lilith. It isn't like we can go over there and fix everything ourselves. The best we can do is teach them why what has happned is wrong and to help those that have had this happen to them.

I'm the type that believes there is always something we can do, it just takes ideas, motivation and courage to figure out how, and get it done. I hope I will instill that belief in both my own children and my students.

Steph 09-04-2004 11:00 AM

I work with two Russians and their hearts are breaking right now. I just can't wrap my head around such madness. :(

Teddy Bear 09-04-2004 03:53 PM

Its unbelievable what one human being can do to another! It breaks my heart and brings tears to my eyes thinking about the horrors. We are so fortunate to live where we do.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone, no matter where they were from or what they believed, could live by the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do onto you". In simple terms... be nice to each other!!

Pita 09-04-2004 04:02 PM

:( I am really tired of this evil world now.

Grumble 09-04-2004 07:50 PM

I thought what if it were my kids in there .... such an indescribable nightmare

why why why so many innocent lives lost and for what gain????

It has damaged their cause not enhanced it, violence achieves no good

I pray for the children and their parents

Sharni 09-04-2004 09:39 PM

I cannot for the life of me understand how any human could do that to another!!

scotzoidman 09-04-2004 09:44 PM

Hide my face in my hands,
Shame wells in my throat,
My comfortable existence is reduced
to a shallow meaningless party,
Seems there were some innocents died,
All we can offer them is a page in some magazine,
Too many cameras & not enough food,
This is what we've seen...

Driven to Tears, Sting

Steph 09-05-2004 04:05 AM

Great song, scotz. I've got to say, Sting does the political song like no other, IMHO. "They Dance Alone" and "Russians" also say so much lyrically with beautiful melodies.

The song "Russians" was written about with the Cold War but his lyrics for that song are sorta apt in this discussion as well:

There is no monopoly in common sense
On either side of the political fence
We share the same biology
Regardless of ideology
Believe me when I say to you
I hope the Russians love their children too

Catch22 09-06-2004 02:02 AM

After seeing a picture on the frontpage of the newspaper of bodybags with kids in them. There is nothing in my life bad right now.