Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advice (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Stupid, crazy or fun...what do you think? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17659)

Raymond4fun 12-05-2003 07:12 PM

Stupid, crazy or fun...what do you think?

Let me begin by saying I have decline the offer. However, I am curious about others attitude to this situation.

I am single. Today an attractive MARRIED woman I WORK with took me to lunch and asked me, almost point blank if I was interested in messing around.

I was nice but declined. What would you have done in my situation?

Thanks

Ray

Lilith 12-05-2003 08:14 PM

I would not have taken no for an answer;):D

Mercury_Maniac 12-05-2003 10:14 PM

well i wouldn't have declined right away

i would have definitely maybe gone for it

but who knows, you most likely did the right thing

the first decision is usually the best one

Sharni 12-05-2003 10:31 PM

To me fucking around with a married partner is not worth the hassle or heartbreak that can occur...i would have declined

Navarre 12-05-2003 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharniqua
To me fucking around with a married partner is not worth the hassle or heartbreak that can occur...i would have declined

Boy did you ever hit the nail on the head!

hexalite2001 12-06-2003 12:28 AM

I would have declined

Prophet Reality 12-06-2003 12:42 AM

Not sure if I would have said no right away. I am the super curious type, and would have asked questions to get a feel for the reason behind the offer. Then made my decision. But that is just me!

NightRider 12-06-2003 02:07 AM

Back in my younger days I too would have declined. However, now with more experience and wisdom under the belt. I would have said "Hell Yes!" <grin>

Virgin Teen 12-06-2003 03:10 AM

Personally, I wouldn't want to get involved with someone that was married. The fantasy is all very nice to think about, but just imagine the consequences...

Firstly, in your case, what if the husband were to find out somehow? Secondly, there's the chance of attachment. As it'd be a fling, I expect she just wants to have some fun but it can be easy to form a relationship. I know if I were having a fling then I imagine I'd start to get feelings for the married man. And the other way round, you may expect just a good time but what if she decided she wanted more than just sex?

So to cut a long explanation short (lol, too late), I don't think it's worth the pain it can eventually cause. Besides, if I were the married person, I wouldn't want my husband to go cheat on me...

Steph 12-06-2003 04:22 AM

I've been with a lot of people but always avoided the married types. I can't say I'd never date a married guy but the attraction would have to be really incredible.

Casperr 12-06-2003 07:13 AM

I agree with Prophet Reality - I'd have asked some questions first. For example, if her husband was ok with it, and they have an open relationship or whatever, then it might be ok. Or if they were swingers, etc.
But if it was a clandestine thing, I'd decline tactfully and let her know that she could be seriously jeopardising her marriage by pursuing that line of thought.

CasperTG

Lilith 12-06-2003 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CasperTG
...I'd decline tactfully and let her know that she could be seriously jeopardising her marriage by pursuing that line of thought.

CasperTG

You know married people seeks affairs all the time and often not for sex. That may be the guise or rationalization but truth be told, they may just want out and are too intimidated or insecure to just do it on their own.

ericthered 12-06-2003 04:11 PM

I'd go with Sharniqua - NO CHANCE! And she's a work-colleague too!

However ------ my iron resolve might bend a little if and only if her hubby was joining in the fun. If I was single, that would make everything OK for me - even the work issue. As I'm married, I would now be scheming frantically to get her, the hubby, Milady and me into the same bed ..... dream on!

Neige 12-06-2003 07:29 PM

I would've declined as well - I agree with Sharni. However, had the person been single (;)'s to lake) it would've been a different story :lust:

dicksbro 12-06-2003 09:04 PM

I also would have declined. I think you did the right thing.