Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Loneliness ??? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17558)

jennaflower 11-28-2003 11:08 PM

Loneliness ???

A simple question..

( I anticipate complex answers)

IF forced to choose (differing answers I imagine depending on scenario), which would you choose? Being Lonely... ALONE... OR Lonely with someone else?

I will post my complex answer later...

Steph 11-29-2003 12:29 AM

Wow, that's a tough one, jennaflower. If you were lonely with someone, you could at least work on the relationship or get out of it to start anew. If you were alone and lonely, you could always look forward to meeting someone?

I guess I'm giving an optimistic answer.

Sharni 11-29-2003 12:56 AM

I'd rather be ALONE

NightRider 11-29-2003 02:23 AM

If you are with someone and still lonely it is hell on earth, been there. I would rather be alone, easier to find someone than when you are with someone in a relationship.

Vigil 11-29-2003 02:23 AM

I found the realisation that you are lonely with someone a real heart-breaker that gnaws the soul.

Being alone can be peaceful, meditative, restorative and awakening.

The question made me think of Sir Elton John's great song Norma Jean.

I am comfortable with my little little piece of existence in this big big universe. This is what we all share - we are the LGM's?

Teddy Bear 11-29-2003 03:16 AM

I'd rather be alone.

Grumble 11-29-2003 05:17 AM

been alone with someone and it was soul destroying

am alone on my own now and am a lot happier

jseal 11-29-2003 06:20 AM

Jennaflower.

Two quotes:

"Alone, alone, all all alone. Alone on a wide, wide sea. And never a Saint took pity on my soul in agony."

"It’s never too late to start all over again."

There will always be other people about. Seek them out. Good luck.

dicksbro 11-29-2003 08:05 AM

Probably would rather just be alone although I hope that never happens.

PantyFanatic 11-29-2003 09:49 AM

alone!

Scarecrow 11-29-2003 10:08 AM

Also alone, being alone with someone can be a nightmare.

fzzy 11-29-2003 12:03 PM

Ah.... I actually really enjoy being alone .... need a fair amount of alone time ... so the answer for me is easy ... Alone!

fumingzeus 11-29-2003 12:40 PM

I choose alone, when your alone your not necessarily Lonely.

bangerog2 11-29-2003 06:09 PM

To me, loneliness is entirely different to being alone.

Loneliness is a state of mind. Being alone is exactly that a state of being. One is not necessarily lonely when alone, even if not having social contact. For instance, read fiction and you are immediately joined by the characters in the book.

However if one is in a group, whether it be two or more, and there is no social intercourse, then that can play on the mind, and become soul destroying. It is the mind that is affected, or maybe the ego. If this is the case leave the group and find your, release from the sense of isolation, perhaps in being alone.

Although it may be true, that 'No man is an island' the intellectual complexities of that statement are immense.

Hugs

John

jennaflower 11-29-2003 07:51 PM

bangerog2,

Thanks for your post.. You kinda touched on what I was thinking about...

Since my separation and divorce 7 years ago, I have lived by the belief that "I would rather be lonely alone, than lonely with someone else"... I have been there... done that (for far toooo long) and have no desire to endure that again...

That said...

It isn't that simple.

NO relationship is perfect... and even those that are in abusive relationships find a reason to stay...

Yes, it is true; being ALONE has NOTHING to do with loneliness. However, being alone automatically eliminates the prospects of fulfilling the sexual needs that one has. YES, masturbation IS a wonderful thing¡K BUT.. that does fall short. I honestly don¡¦t believe that SEX alone (or lack there of) results in loneliness. As it has been pointed out numerous times, SEX can be found (if only a one night stand). Truth be known, being in a relationship offers more than just SEX¡K it offers a sounding board¡K and a great source of emotional support.

Although I still hold on to the thought of never wanting to be lonely WITH someone, without the other aspects that relationships offer, being alone can get rather lonely. As I said before it has NOTHING to do with SEX itself¡K batteries handle that pretty damn well (Thanks go to the Energizer Bunny) :) BUT.. The other things¡K the conversation¡K the emotional support¡K the occasional hug and encouragement¡K that is what continues to allow loneliness to seep through.