Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Baby Names (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17353)

dancingrugger 11-15-2003 01:28 AM

Baby Names

I know its early for this, but if anyone has any good baby names for boys lemme know .... I was think Brook Allison for a girl .... Or Taylor Jane .... i'm kinda sucking at boys names though, i think its cuz i like most boys names better for girls. I don't want to find something interesting ... i emphasize interesting not something they'll be teased for later on ... anyways ... i'm rambling, i do that a lot sorry!

PantyFanatic 11-15-2003 01:43 AM

Rumplestiltskin has made for an interesting boys name. ;)

LixyChick 11-15-2003 01:54 AM

I like.......(and this is just me.....but take any you like)

Owen Michael (or Michael Owen)

Jason Avery (don't switch these....lol!)

Sebastian Lee

Ethan Flynn

Oh......I could go on and on...........lol.........but I won't!

Let us know whatever you decide! Best wishes hun!

BIBI 11-15-2003 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LixyChick
I like.......(and this is just me.....but take any you like)

Owen Michael (or Michael Owen)

Great choice Lixy.......My son's name is Michael Owen! :)

dicksbro 11-15-2003 08:14 AM

What ever happened to "Sue?" Oops ... sorry.

Michael Owen is nice.

I also like Dylan for a first name.

BIBI 11-15-2003 11:34 AM

yep Dylan is nice too......

so is Scott. I wanted to name my boy Scott but our last name has double D's in it and it just wasn't suitable. (that's the only place I have double Ds :)

Steph 11-15-2003 11:40 AM

Rory will be my first born son's name.

Teddy Bear 11-15-2003 12:29 PM

I've been pregnant twice and both times we didn't have any problem thinking of girls names we liked. In fact we had so many it was hard to eliminate them. :D

But thinking of and agreeing upon boys names gave us trouble both times. I always liked Matthew or Nicholas. And I'd want them called that, not Matt or Nick. But hubby liked some other names I've blocked from my memory. lol. He definately did not want a 'junior'. The only thing we did agree on was that the middle name would be my grandfathers name.

So lucky thing I had two daughters. ;)

teddy :) :)

LixyChick 11-15-2003 02:44 PM

awwwwwwwww BIBI! I love the name Michael Owen!

Oh...and BTW.....my nephew is named Dylan Thomas ______(after the poet....and my father thought the Thomas part was after him.....shhhhhhhh......he'll never know!

All great and noble names above!

BTW.....I'm not sure how this will go over.....and it's really just my experience.....so I promise I mean no biased in this statement......but my father and brother were named Thomas.....and all the other Thomas's I know.......have had a rather hard time with life experiences........my father, an alcoholic and my brother a drug addict...and all the other Thomas's I know have hardened lives..........so I dunno, if this is an indication of how names play on ones life......I wouldn't use "Thomas" if it were the last name to pick from! No offense anyone.....PLEASE! It's just my experience!

P.S. Remember Tommy form the "Dennis the Menace" series? OMG! Remember Dennis? OK...these are names to avoid! LMFAO!

Kissy 11-15-2003 10:06 PM

We decided on using Keagan Wesley Jaymes, but I liked the names Aiden and Kaiden. We had a hard time with girl's names, so we're glad to be having a boy this time. Speaking of...would someone just knock me out until this is all over! I am so tired of being pregnant.

Dancingrugger, good luck!!! ;)

osuche 11-15-2003 10:26 PM

Sean or Ethan are nice -- no real shortening ability, and not terribly common.

dancingrugger 11-15-2003 11:32 PM

Yay, soo many great suggestions, thanks you guys. From listening to yall it seems like one advantage (the only one i can find so far) of not having a father in the picture is i don't have anyone to argue with over names.

Lixy ~ my fav of those is Sebastion Lee, from all the suggestions i've gotten thats somewhere around the top of my list

BIBI ~ Michael Owen is nice, too bad you got to it first! lol, I don't like to take names from people i know .... my mom did that to my aunt, they were both pregnant at the same time & my sister came first & my mom stole my aunts girl name right out from under her, lol

dicksbro ~ I've actually thought about Dylan a lot but thats another one of those that falls into the category of boys names i like better for girls ... I guess of course that depends on what I'm having .... which i haven't even decided if i want to know yet .

Steph ~ I really like the name Rory, unfortunately thats my mom's b/f's name ... who i'm not particularly fond of, so that might just be a lil weird.

TB ~ I used to think Matthew was a really great name, i've become a little worn out on that one though ... almost 10 % of the guys at my college are named Matthew! thats crazy isn't it?

Kissyface ~ ooooh Aiden is a good one, remindes me of "Sex & the City" too! lol, thats definitely one i'm gonna keep in mind

osuche ~ both very nice ... i like the idea of not being able to shorten them & my mother would just love them, or any other good ole Irish name for that matter

Thanks a bunch again yall!!

dicksbro 11-16-2003 07:00 AM

I guess that means "Sue" is out. :(

LOL :D You just have a healthy baby, dancingrugger! Very happy for you!

dancingrugger 11-16-2003 07:19 AM

lol, thanks i'm workin on it, the healthy thing anyway, I can't seem to stop talking about being pregnant, lol, i'm sorry yall. I lost one when I was in high school due to bad people so i'm just giddy & glowing

ooh yeah, I actually did think about Sue (briefly) after seeing the movie Swingers and saw that someone actually did have a boy named Sue ... I don't think i could do that to the poor kid though, he'd get beat every day at school i think ....

Teddy Bear 11-16-2003 07:39 AM

Ever since I first saw this thread I've been trying to remember the title of a book I read in high school but so far it's not coming to me. lol, oh the joys of faulty memory.

Anyhow this book was told by a young man about his childhood. His parents had not named any of thier children when they were born. They called them either boy or girl or that one or 3rd child, etc.... The child picked out thier own name when they were old enough. It was put on the birth certificate and was made thier legal name. Then they'd have a big 'name' party for the child. I can't remember what this boy picked as his name but I remember him not wanting to pick his name, wishing his parents had just named him. He was afraid he'd pick a name he'd hate later and be stuck with it for life with no one to blame but himself.

:)